Re: Video of Jupiter through the eyepiece of my 10" TMB F/9

  • stargazer
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
      Jim,

      this video is INCREDIBLE!!!
      seeing was around 10 then!
      is thre a photo of jupiter you drew in this night?

      thanks,
      dietmar

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "jimhp29401us" <thefamily90@...> wrote:

      > Hello All,
      > On the 6th of February 2003 My buddy Steve was at the Winter Star Party. My 10" TMB F/9 folded apo was also there. Steve used a Sony video camera which he hand held up to the eyepiece of the 10" TMB to make a short video of Jupiter just as seen through the eyepiece. I just uploaded the video to You Tube. There has been no processing at all. This is the Untouched video. The video is not as good as the original but the reproduction is not bad. FYI please go to the link below.
      >
      > Jim Phillips
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p_Wx-0HYNs

    • Robert
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2009
        That's absolutely stunning Jim! Simply magnificent! Thanks for posting this.

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "jimhp29401us" <thefamily90@...> wrote:

        > Hello All,
        > On the 6th of February 2003 My buddy Steve was at the Winter Star Party. My 10" TMB F/9 folded apo was also there. Steve used a Sony video camera which he hand held up to the eyepiece of the 10" TMB to make a short video of Jupiter just as seen through the eyepiece. I just uploaded the video to You Tube. There has been no processing at all. This is the Untouched video. The video is not as good as the original but the reproduction is not bad. FYI please go to the link below.
        >
        > Jim Phillips
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p_Wx-0HYNs

      • mrspindlelegs
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2009
          That is an amazing video clip but I find it very hard to believe that anybody could "hold a camera by hand at the eyepiece" and obtain an image that is that stable at that magnification.

          Dave