Adapt 130/6 for solar H-alfa observing/imaging

  • bertuseinbertus
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2009
      Hello everyone,

      I want to get to f/30 or higher before I seriously can use a Solar Spectrum Filter .3 A
      A standard filter will show the full disk with a focal length of 2700 mm or shorter.
      I have the Powermates but would like to have a 3 to 3.2 X.
      Could I stack a PM 2X with some 1.5-1.6 X tele-extender, and still meet the requirements of parallel light waves of the Solar Spectrum. (and mask down to F/30).
      I found several TAK and a TV extender .
      Thanks for reading,
      Robert
    • limunary
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2009
        I think this w0uld work; to be certain you can check with the solar filter mfg. Looking forward to some solar images.

        Tim