Re: [tmboptical] Parts for a 105/650 CNC

  • APM Telescopes
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 11, 2009
      Hi Roy

      to public same as to you

      1, Thomas Back got the original testreports and keeped them, I have no access to those, so please do not complain about me , ok ?

      2, please tell me where I told you to call TMB ? Thats not true

      3, TMB Lenses ( called Signature Series ) of today are indeet made in Asia, where excactly only Astronomics can tell you

      4, the lenses we did and sold together with Thomas Back , are made in Russia only and renamed now into APM/LZOS and APM/LOMO , a clear indication that they are made in Russia and not in China. Our Lenses are available since 1999 until today and we sell them still with good success all over the world

      thanks

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 12, 2009
        Terry,
        Thanks much for this, I now have a bit more info on this great scope. I will give markus a call again.
        If I may say so this 105 comes fairly close to an AP Traveler.
        Roy..

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 13, 2009
          Thanks for responding makus,
          I now know a little more history on my scope and the conglameration between APM/TMB. I am at the Sasketchewan Summer Star Party, and getting more info. There are two TMB's including mine, so we are having a field day with these great old scopes. I also have my AP 130, but havn't had a real need to pull it out, happy doing AAVSO double stars, with my now APM/TMB it's inpressive compared to the more expensive stuff.
          I head a lot of second hand history on the relationship between TMB and APM, that i will not go into.

          When I contacted APM (You) via email for info you told me you did not have any and to contact a US dealer,
          You did not tell me to contact TMB, but in retrospect if you live in North America and you have to get info you call the source, I though TMB would be my best bet, not a reseller. Secondly I was not complaining about you or your services, don't know where you are comming from. No need to start that train of though.
          I thank you very much for the rest of your communication.

          Regards Roy

          > 1, Thomas Back got the original testreports and keeped them, I
          > have no access to those, so please do not complain about me , ok ?
          >
          > 2, please tell me where I told you to call TMB ? Thats not true
          >
          > 3, TMB Lenses ( called Signature Series ) of today are indeet
          > made in Asia, where excactly only Astronomics can tell you
          >
          > 4, the lenses we did and sold together with Thomas Back , are
          > made in Russia only and renamed now into APM/LZOS and APM/LOMO ,
          > a clear indication that they are made in Russia and not in
          > China. Our Lenses are available since 1999 until today and we
          > sell them still with good success all over the world
          >
          > thanks
          >
          > Markus

        • Roy Ramdeen
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 14, 2009