Removing TMB 105/650 CNC Focusing Knob

  • Junn
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12, 2009
      Hi To All,

      I might attach a Robofocus motor to my TMB scope (silver and aluminum)in the future. I want to know how to remove one of the focusing knob. I don't see any screw on the knob's axle, but there is a hex screw near the shaft.

      To those who know the mechanics of the TMB focuser, please help. I know my scope is built like a tank but I don't want to ruin or mess up the focuser.

      Thanks and clear skies,

      Junn
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 12, 2009
        Junn,

        It is that hex screw near the end of the shaft. These pictures of the
        Tak focuser knob addition I did for my scope is here:

        There is some adjustment info for the focuser also further down in the file
        section called CNC Focuser Adjustments.

        I made the adapter myself for the RoboFocus, but later found out that AP
        makes an adapter that will work much like the one I made. It is called a
        Robo Bracket (JRFBRK),

        which is under Accessories/Photographic and CCD imaging.

        http://www.astro-physics.com/

        HTH

        All the best,

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 13, 2009