130mm front lens

  • u_rackem
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25 6:22 PM
      I have a TMB-APM 130mm I just setup my scope back in my observatory after a trip to a starparty and heard a rattle up front while extending the dew shield. Not to bad but its there and wasnt before. I think it might be the front lens. If so is there a way i can tighten the lens and would I need to recollimnate.
      Any help would be greatfull
      Thanks
      Mike
    • APM Telescopes
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2009
        Hi Mike

        there are 2 possibilities from what the rattle can come

        a, the scope have on the rear lens cell a push pull flange and the scres there became loosen. Lateste modells, the black and white one, do not use such flange anylonger, only the silver/white tubes used it.

        b, if a is not the case , then maybe due whatever reason the front lens retaining ring got loosen. If that is the case, you need to contact me offline at anfrage@... to get clear instructions what to do

        good luck

        Markus Ludes
        APM-Telescopes