Re: [tmboptical] Field Flattner for TMB 105/650

  • APM Telescopes
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 20 4:49 PM
      you can get it from APM Telescopes and my dealers like Teton

      thanks
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30 12:17 PM
        Jack,
        I have a TMB 130/780, and needed a flatener for my Canon 5D and 20D. Apart from the dedicated TMB flatener, 2 other options were suggested; firstly Telescope Service,(www.telescope-service.com/) has produced a new flatener which covers a 20Da chip. Also, the William FLT covers the 5D chip. Thorsten Brandes obtained good optical measurements with CCD Inspector on both these flateners; (website www.moon-family.de). I bought the William FLT and had adapters made by Telescope service. It required a 5cm+ long adapter to attach to the Feathertouch focuser and get enough back focus, plus a camera adapter;(William provide one but I had another made with larger dimensions for the 5D). To me as a beginner it seems to work perfectly. The stars are pinpoint to the edges and there is no chromatic aberration.I believe that the William FLT flatener was designed by the late Thomas Back.
        Hope this helps.
        Tom Abbott
        Switzerland
        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Flash" <ornothology@...> wrote:

        > Hello All,
        > I'm hoping someone can help steer me towards where and what to get for a Field Flattner for my TMB 105/650? The scope is an original CNC type with the 4" focuser if that makes a difference.
        > Thanks,
        >
        > John (AKA, Jack)

      • APM Telescopes
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7, 2009
          wow my reply took now 18 days for aproval , who is responsable for
          aproving my message and why does it take so long, please explain

          thanks