RE: [tmboptical] NEW: a deep M81 & M82

  • Karel Teuwen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 15, 2009
      Thanks Wayne, Mark and Michael for the nice comments !!

      Michael, yes the picture is rather deep due to the dark site and long
      exposure time, but the so-called Integreted Fux (the dust that is floating
      between those galaxies) Is not that special and was coined for the first
      time by Steve Mandel, I guess.

      Mark, sorry but to write everything down what I did to come to this result
      will takes too much time and place here, but I can tell you there were no
      special tricks :-)) At the moment I'm gattering photons through a Ha filter.

      Best regards
      Karel

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 20, 2009
        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Karel Teuwen" <publik@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Wayne, Mark and Michael for the nice comments !!
        >
        > Michael, yes the picture is rather deep due to the dark site and long
        > exposure time, but the so-called Integreted Flux (the dust that is
        floating between those galaxies) Is not that special and was coined for
        the first time by Steve Mandel, I guess.

        ---------

        What an exquisite image, Karel!

        Here is a link to Steve Mandel's project page.
        Cheers, Dan Laszlo, Ft Collins CO USA

        http://www.galaxyimages.com/UNP1.html