Re: [tmboptical] NEW: a deep M81 & M82

  • Wayne G
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2009
      Karel Teuwen wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I spent a lot of imaging time for this picture of Bode's- and Cigar galaxy.
      > One can also notice the so-called Integrated Flux. It was also a lot of fun
      > to process it and try to reveal as much as possible, I hope I didn't
      > exaggerated it :-))
      >
      > I hope you like it, otherwise I will hear it soon from you guys.
      >

      > <http://www.karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=215&album=2> &album=2

      WG: Karel,

      You look to have caught some arm extension from M81 which extends in two
      o'clock and five o'clock direction to almost twice the diameter of the
      normally visible galaxy structure outskirts!

      Regards,

      WayneG
    • Karel Teuwen
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 15, 2009
        Thanks Wayne, Mark and Michael for the nice comments !!

        Michael, yes the picture is rather deep due to the dark site and long
        exposure time, but the so-called Integreted Fux (the dust that is floating
        between those galaxies) Is not that special and was coined for the first
        time by Steve Mandel, I guess.

        Mark, sorry but to write everything down what I did to come to this result
        will takes too much time and place here, but I can tell you there were no
        special tricks :-)) At the moment I'm gattering photons through a Ha filter.

        Best regards
        Karel

        _____

        > I spent a lot of imaging time for this picture of Bode's- and Cigar
        galaxy.
        > One can also notice the so-called Integrated Flux. It was also a lot of
        fun
        > to process it and try to reveal as much as possible, I hope I didn't
        > exaggerated it :-))
        >
        > I hope you like it, otherwise I will hear it soon from you guys.
        >

        > <http://www.karelteu
        <http://www.karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=215&album=2>
        wen.be/photo_page.php?img=215&album=2> &album=2

        WG: Karel,

        You look to have caught some arm extension from M81 which extends in two
        o'clock and five o'clock direction to almost twice the diameter of the
        normally visible galaxy structure outskirts!

        Regards,

        WayneG

      • djlncas
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 20, 2009
          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Karel Teuwen" <publik@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Wayne, Mark and Michael for the nice comments !!
          >
          > Michael, yes the picture is rather deep due to the dark site and long
          > exposure time, but the so-called Integreted Flux (the dust that is
          floating between those galaxies) Is not that special and was coined for
          the first time by Steve Mandel, I guess.

          ---------

          What an exquisite image, Karel!

          Here is a link to Steve Mandel's project page.
          Cheers, Dan Laszlo, Ft Collins CO USA

          http://www.galaxyimages.com/UNP1.html