I can't find a dedicated field flattener for TMB 105 f/6.2

  • agostino.gnasso
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2008
      I have a TMB 105 f/6.2 with a 4" WO focuser and a canon 350D.
      I want buy a focal reducer or field flattener to obtain a flat field
      for the aps-c sensor of my camera.
      Possible choices:

      1)WO Field Flattener fot FLT 110 132

      2)Telescope Service TS 2" Field Flattener

      3)Televue 0.85 (wich model?)

      4)A TMB dedicated model

      4)something else?

      Thanks to everyone
    • Mark Rieck
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2008
        Options 2, 3, and 4 will work well. Given the already fast native
        focal ratio, reduction may not be desired for many. The full sized
        flattener(dedicated model)will allow for growth into larger formats.
        The TS 2" has a larger clear aperture than most other 2" models.

        Mark
        Teton Telescope

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "agostino.gnasso"
        <gnasso.agostino@...> wrote:

        > I have a TMB 105 f/6.2 with a 4" WO focuser and a canon 350D.
        > I want buy a focal reducer or field flattener to obtain a flat
        field
        > for the aps-c sensor of my camera.
        > Possible choices:
        >
        > 1)WO Field Flattener fot FLT 110 132
        >
        > 2)Telescope Service TS 2" Field Flattener
        >
        > 3)Televue 0.85 (wich model?)
        >
        > 4)A TMB dedicated model
        >
        > 4)something else?
        >
        > Thanks to everyone

      • agostino.gnasso
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2009
          so you tink the best choice is the Telescope Service 2" field flattener?