Re: TMB 130 problem

  • Mark Rieck
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2008
      Owners or the maker would be your best source for info, but I can add
      that I have seen this issue before with some focusers. It is often
      little more than one of the knobs requiring tightening of it's
      retention screw. If that is not the case, and it is dual speed model,
      the problem may lie in the reduction unit. Regardless, tuning a
      focuser often ends up being easier than expected if the fear of the
      unknown about mechanical assemblies is creating anxiety.

      It's no coincidence that I have found a fair percentage of focusers
      imported from the Far East may exhibit one symptom or the other, but
      most have been tuned up easily, resulting in smooth operation.

      Mark