M1 "The Crab Nebula" (HST palette) reprocessed

  • Gordon Haynes
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2008
      Hi All
      I posted an image of M1 in HST palette a few days ago, but the image was
      very noisy and overprocessed so I have had a go at reprocessing it, I
      think this looks much cleaner and more detailed but would be interested
      to hear peoples comments. This is an extreme crop of the full widefield
      image as it was taken with my TMB 115 and H36 camera. The full widefield
      shot can be seen on my website http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk
      <http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk/> in the nebulae section of the
      image gallery along with the original versions for comparison, just as a
      reminder the details are as follows
      TMB 115 f7
      Paramount ME
      Starlight Xpress H36
      9x10 minutes Ha
      12x10 minutes OIII
      5x10 minutes SII (subject was too low in the sky for more subframes)
      All exposures were unguided
      Colour combined in Maxim DL with 1:1:1 weighting for RGB
      Thanks for looking (again)
      Best wishes
      Gordon
      M1 reprocesed
      <http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk/USERIMAGES/M1croprepro.jpg>

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2008
        Gordon,

        That is showing allot of detail for that little scope!

        Terry

        http://www.geocities.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/

        _____

        <http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk> heheavens.co.uk