Finder Mounting Screws on the TMB 115 LW

  • cygnux865
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2008
      Hi all,

      I was unscrewing one of the two screw on the TMB 115/LW, which is for
      the Baader Planetarium finder bracket. Without knowing that there was
      a nut attached to the screw inside the tube, I took out the screw and
      the nut came loose and fell into the tube. I turned the scope upside
      down trying to get it out, but it looked like it fell into a region
      between the baffle and tube wall. The only way I could think of is to
      take out the focuser by loosen the three screws near the focuser. I
      was wondering if this is a safe way to do it without screwing up the
      collimation or is there another way to do this?

      Thanks in advance

      Zengi
    • APM Telescopes
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2008
        Hi Zengi

        do not take out the focuser, unscrew the 3 rear tube screws holding the black adapter at end of the tube , this is safe and you will not loose collimation

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2008
          Hi Markus,

          Sorry about the confusion. I meant the three screws in the rear tube
          which holding the black adapter. Thanks for answering my question.

          Zengi