IC5146 Cocoon APM/TMB 130/780

  • hewholooks
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 21, 2008
      Just to keep the group active ;-) I submit for your perusal a recently
      re-processed image of IC5146 taken with a Baader Modded Canon 350D,
      32x180sec at iso1600, 30 darks/flats/bias frames. Processed in
      DeepSkyStacker/PixInsight LE/Photoshop CS3. Uncropped :
      http://tinyurl.com/54hdom

      Or for those of you who can't direct link to this page (you know who
      you are), here's a link to a medium sized image:
      http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p470441213-5.jpg

      Thanks for looking,

      Hunter
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 21, 2008
        Hunter,

        Ne job on the re-process!!

        Terry

        http://www.geocities.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/

        _____

        http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/54hdom> com/54hdom

        http://hwilson. <http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p470441213-5.jpg>
        zenfolio.com/img/v0/p470441213-5.jpg

        Thanks for looking,

        Hunter

      • Karel Teuwen
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 21, 2008
          Very nice Cocoon Hunter, the colours are rich and the dark surrounding
          nebula is very well visible !!!

          Best regards
          Karel

          _____

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 21, 2008
            Thank you Terry and Karel. I appreciate the good words!

            Hunter

            --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Karel Teuwen" <publik@...> wrote:

            > Very nice Cocoon Hunter, the colours are rich and the dark
            surrounding
            > nebula is very well visible !!!
            >
            > Best regards
            > Karel
            >

            > _____

            Namens
            > hewholooks
            > Verzonden: dinsdag 21 oktober 2008 13:04
            > Aan: tmboptical@yahoogroups.com
            > Onderwerp: [tmboptical] IC5146 Cocoon APM/TMB 130/780
            >

            > Just to keep the group active ;-) I submit for your perusal a
            recently
            > re-processed image of IC5146 taken with a Baader Modded Canon 350D,
            > 32x180sec at iso1600, 30 darks/flats/bias frames. Processed in
            > DeepSkyStacker/PixInsight LE/Photoshop CS3. Uncropped :
            > http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/54hdom> com/54hdom
            >
            > Or for those of you who can't direct link to this page (you know
            who
            > you are), here's a link to a medium sized image:
            > http://hwilson. <http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p470441213-
            5.jpg>
            > zenfolio.com/img/v0/p470441213-5.jpg
            >
            > Thanks for looking,
            >
            > Hunter

          • dave_snope
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 23, 2008
              Very good Cocoon, Hunter.

              Just for grins, here is my CCD rendition of the Cocoon taken with the
              same 130/780 optics, only in the SV tube:

              http://www.pbase.com/dsnope/image/99799937
            • hewholooks
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 26, 2008
                Beautiful shot, Dave! The images scale with the large format STL11000
                certainly is different than with the reduced sensor on the 350D. Mine
                is uncropped as well.

                Thanks for the comparison.

                Hunter

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 27, 2008
                  I agree!

                  Terry

                  http://www.geocities.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/

                  _____

                  Just for grins, here is my CCD rendition of the Cocoon taken with the
                  same 130/780 optics, only in the SV tube:

                  http://www.pbase <http://www.pbase.com/dsnope/image/99799937>
                  com/dsnope/image/99799937

                • dietmar hager
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 28, 2008