telescopes vs. telephotos

  • SiriusGuy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2008
      <<the Canon blew away the TMB92ss w/ focal reducer.>>

      NIKON also makes a 200/2 VR lens. Wonder how that would have compared in
      this match-up? I have the Stellarvue 90 mm f7 on order, am hoping to use it
      occasionally for terrestrial, with the field flattener that will be made
      available for it. I hope it does...better.

      Alan Birnbaum
      Fresno CA

    • Bill G
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2008

        > NIKON also makes a 200/2 VR lens. Wonder how that would have compared in
        > this match-up? I have the Stellarvue 90 mm f7 on order, am hoping to use it
        > occasionally for terrestrial, with the field flattener that will be made
        > available for it. I hope it does...better.
        I think the secret is..... each scope needs its
        own dedicated FF.... they are not as universal as some would lead us to
        believe...