M33 with APM 130/780

  • hewholooks
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2008
      I got out last night and imaged M33. I planned to get 5 hours, but the
      clouds had other ideas.

      Canon 350D Hap Griffin Baader Mod
      32x180sec at iso 1600
      30 Darks/Flats/Bias
      APM/TMB 130/780 with APM Field Flattener

      Thanks for looking and let me know what you think.

      http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/p781396937/?photo=h0F282B36#254290742

      Hunter
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7, 2008
        Hunter,

        I continue not to be able to see any images for your webpage. I have
        tried both Firefox and IE7. I get the page and framework, but there are no
        images, no thumbnails. I just get the little orange sign with the white
        bands going across it. It registers as a link, but nothing happens when I
        click on it. I am stumped!

        Terry

        http://www.geocities.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/

        _____

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 2008
          Very strange, Terry. I don't know of anyone else having this
          trouble. And it's such a top-notch page! ;-)

          How 'bout a direct link to a jpeg image.

          http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p254290742-5.jpg

          Hunter

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 7, 2008
            >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "hewholooks" <hewholooks@...
            > wrote:

            Hi Hunter,

            I think that came out really - really nice. M33 done nicely.

            Great image.

            All the Best,

            Tim

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 8, 2008
              Hunter,

              That works! <g> That is a very good image of M33, I like the processing
              choices; this galaxy is a tough customer to get it looking right.

              http://hwilson. <http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p254290742-5.jpg>

              --- In tmboptical@yahoogro <mailto:tmboptical%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,
              "Terry Tuggle" <tlt284@...> wrote:

              > Hunter,
              >
              > I continue not to be able to see any images for your webpage.
              I have
              > tried both Firefox and IE7. I get the page and framework, but there
              are no
              > images, no thumbnails. I just get the little orange sign with the
              white
              > bands going across it. It registers as a link, but nothing happens
              when I
              > click on it. I am stumped!
              >

              > Terry
              >
              > http://www.geocitie
              <http://www.geocities.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/>
              s.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/

              > _____
              >
              > From: tmboptical@yahoogro <mailto:tmboptical%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com
              > I got out last night and imaged M33. I planned to get 5 hours, but
              the
              > clouds had other ideas.
              >
              > Canon 350D Hap Griffin Baader Mod
              > 32x180sec at iso 1600
              > 30 Darks/Flats/Bias
              > APM/TMB 130/780 with APM Field Flattener
              >
              > Thanks for looking and let me know what you think.
              >
              > http://hwilson.
              > <http://hwilson.
              <http://hwilson.zenfolio.com/p781396937/?photo=h0F282B36#254290742>
              zenfolio.com/p781396937/?photo=h0F282B36#254290742>
              > zenfolio.com/p781396937/?photo=h0F282B36#254290742
              >
              > Hunter

            • hewholooks
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 8, 2008
                Thanks Terry. In processing, it seemed that there were two main
                brances. One would lead to an emphasis on the "pinwheel" central
                part of the galaxy, with exclusion of the extended amorphous outer
                galaxy, while the other branch would emphasize the outer galaxy and
                show it's reaches while perhaps losing much of the structure of the
                nice pinwheel of the center and making M33 look like the closest
                elliptical to us. I tried hard to keep the pinwheel while extending
                the galaxy as far as possible. I believe there is much more
                peripheral galaxy still out there, but it was starting to look more
                like a processing anomaly than true galaxy, so I left it at that.

                I plan to add some Ha to this image which I think will bring out the
                pinwheel a little more and also help the emission regions be more
                distinct. We'll see if I can do it without screwing it up.

                Thanks again for the comments,