RE: [tmboptical] Re: NGC 6992 "Veil portion" in Ha and OIII bi-colour

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2008
      Gordon,

      Nice image! I believe I prefer the Ha, OIII, and OIII version.

      Hope the weather in September works out better for you!

      Terry

      http://www.geocities.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 31, 2008
        very nice shot, Gordon!
        Dietmar
        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Haynes" <gphaynes2006@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > Well according to the records August has been the wettest month on
        > record and I can believe that. The weather was looking a bit more
        > promising last night and following a suggestion from a fellow
        imager I
        > had another go at NGC 6992 but this time I added some OIII data to
        it to
        > make a bi-colour image. Luckily the sky stayed cloud free long
        enough to
        > get 9x10 minutes unguided subframes for each channel. The seeing was
        > poor due to very faint mist in the air later in the evening and the
        sky
        > never got totally dark despite no moon being present. The subframes
        were
        > dark subtracted (10 darks), then aligned and combined using median
        > combine in Maxim DL and then the two resulting master frames were
        colour
        > combined in Maxim DL using Ha for red and OIII for green. The
        resulting
        > colour image was then processed in Photoshop CS2. Image was taken
        > through my TMB 115 with SX H36
        >
        > I have enclosed the full widefield version as well as a cropped
        closeup

        > NGC 6992 in Ha and OIII widefield
        > <http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk/USERIMAGES/NGC6992colour.jpg>
        >
        > NGC 6992 in Ha and OIII closeup

        <http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk/USERIMAGES/NGC6992colourcrop.jpg>

        > Thanks for looking and hoping for a better September
        >
        > Best wishes
        >
        > Gordon [:)]

      • Gordon Haynes
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1 3:40 PM
          Hi Terry

          I have to agree with you there, while I was colour combining it in Maxim
          DL I liked the look of it better

          Best wishes

          Gordon

          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Tuggle" <tlt284@...> wrote:

          > Gordon,
          >
          > Nice image! I believe I prefer the Ha, OIII, and OIII version.
          >
          > Hope the weather in September works out better for you!
          >

          > Terry
          >
          > http://www.geocities.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/
          >
          > _____

          On

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 7 7:25 PM
            >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Haynes"
            ><gphaynes2006@...> wrote:

            Hi Gordon,

            I meant to comment when you first posted, so I guess better late then
            never.

            Very good result, stunning star back ground and and jet black space
            makes me fell like I am there in space capsule looking at the veil.

            Excellent image / congrats!

            Happy Imaging,

            Tim