NGC 6960 The Witch's Broom

  • david641736
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2008
      Here's my first attempt at NGC 6960 part of the Cygnus Loop.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveaonflickr/2712856399/

      Taken with a standard Canon 10D on a TMB 80 mm f6 refractor fitted with a 0.8 Tele Vue
      flattener/reducer.
      30 x 120 seconds sub exposures
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2008
        David,

        Nice result! You need to make longer subs though; two 30 minutes subs
        would have produced much better S/N. With the DSLR's and one shot color
        cameras, about 30 minute sub exposures are the norm. I would suspect about
        three hours of total exposure would really bring this image out! Of course
        with this, has to come good guiding also.

        HTH,

        Terry

        http://www.geocities.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2008
          Terry,

          Thank you your reply. Yes, I'm working towards longer sub exposures
          and guiding, I hope to crack it in the next few months.

          On 4 Aug 2008, at 19:25, Terry Tuggle wrote:

[...]

          Clear skies and best wishes,
          Dave

          http://donastro.blogspot.com/