NGC 7000

  • david641736
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
      Hi,

      This is my second attempt at the North America nebula and I thought I'd post it here. I used
      an APM TMB 80 mm refractor fitted with a TeleVue TV85 flattener/reducer and a standard
      Canon 10D the image is made up of 19 x 120 seconds exposures.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/kingfisherobservatory/2624856680/

      Regards
      Dave
    • Neil Fleming
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
        Looks good, David. have you a larger version posted
        somewhere?

        ...Neil

        --- david641736 <cloudyskies@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > This is my second attempt at the North America
        > nebula and I thought I'd post it here. I used
        > an APM TMB 80 mm refractor fitted with a TeleVue
        > TV85 flattener/reducer and a standard
        > Canon 10D the image is made up of 19 x 120 seconds
        > exposures.

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/kingfisherobservatory/2624856680/

        > Regards
        > Dave

        www.flemingastrophotography.com
        Also check out the astro_narrowband Yahoo group!
      • Dave Adshead
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
          Neil,
          No, I haven't. I could replace the one on Flickr with a larger size.
          What size do you suggest?

          On 30 Jun 2008, at 16:36, Neil Fleming wrote:

          Looks good, David. have you a larger version posted
          somewhere?

          ...Neil

          --- david641736 <cloudyskies@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > This is my second attempt at the North America
          > nebula and I thought I'd post it here. I used
          > an APM TMB 80 mm refractor fitted with a TeleVue
          > TV85 flattener/reducer and a standard
          > Canon 10D the image is made up of 19 x 120 seconds
          > exposures.

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/kingfisherobservatory/2624856680/

          > Regards
          > Dave

          www.flemingastrophotography.com
          Also check out the astro_narrowband Yahoo group!

          Clear skies and best wishes,
          Dave

          http://donastro.blogspot.com/
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/kingfisherobservatory/sets/72157605468421159/

        • dietmar hager
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
            very nice result on this "continental" nebula, Dave!

            Dietmar

            --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "david641736" <cloudyskies@...>

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
              Dave,

              Nice image all things considered! You really need to go for more total
              exposure time with the DSLR's.

              Nice job,

              Terry

              http://www.geocities.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/

              _____

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
                For my site, I generally post a few different sizes
                all the way up to 100%. Within the limitations of
                Flickr, I'd suggest as large as possible. That way,
                we can give better feedback as we see all of the
                details.

                Regards...Neil

                --- Dave Adshead <cloudyskies@...> wrote:

                > Neil,
                > No, I haven't. I could replace the one on Flickr
                > with a larger size.
                > What size do you suggest?
                >
                > On 30 Jun 2008, at 16:36, Neil Fleming wrote:
                >
                > Looks good, David. have you a larger version posted
                > somewhere?
                >
                > ...Neil
                >
                > --- david641736 <cloudyskies@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > This is my second attempt at the North America
                > > nebula and I thought I'd post it here. I used
                > > an APM TMB 80 mm refractor fitted with a TeleVue
                > > TV85 flattener/reducer and a standard
                > > Canon 10D the image is made up of 19 x 120
                > seconds
                > > exposures.

                http://www.flickr.com/photos/kingfisherobservatory/2624856680/

                > > Regards
                > > Dave

                > www.flemingastrophotography.com
                > Direct from Boston - brilliant diamonds in pea soup
                > Also check out the astro_narrowband Yahoo group!
                >

                > Clear skies and best wishes,
                > Dave
                >
                > http://donastro.blogspot.com/

                http://www.flickr.com/photos/kingfisherobservatory/sets/72157605468421159/

                > removed]

                www.flemingastrophotography.com
                Also check out the astro_narrowband Yahoo group!
              • Wayne G
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
                  david641736 wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > This is my second attempt at the North America nebula and I thought I'd post it here. I used
                  > an APM TMB 80 mm refractor fitted with a TeleVue TV85 flattener/reducer and a standard
                  > Canon 10D the image is made up of 19 x 120 seconds exposures.
                  >
                  > http://www.flickr.com/photos/kingfisherobservatory/2624856680/
                  >
                  > Regards
                  > Dave

                  WG: Looks /REAL/ nice Dave from what I can see of it! Hard to believe
                  that was taken with "only" an 80mm! Better size might be 1200 X 1600 or
                  whatever you get at 100%. You ought to post that over on the Russian
                  Optics group as well--- they just had a discussion of these lenses.

                  WayneG
                • Dave Adshead
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 1, 2008
                    Dietmar,