Re: [tmboptical] need help finding flocking material for my 228!

  • Wayne G
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2008
      clusterbuster2000 wrote:
      > hi all,
      > what flocking material will best match the original for the carbon
      > fiber tubes? i flocked it with the proto star material only to see
      > it peel off in about a week. help! where does the original
      > material come from? thanks jon

      WG: Jon, what difference does it make what telescope you are putting it
      in? I use the Protostar flocking all of the time on telescopes and it
      works great! I have PS flocking that is many years old that is 100%
      good as new. The only thing I've found better is very costly black
      velvet for minimal gain. The reason why it peeled off was probably that
      you applied it wrong--- there is often a narrow gap you have to cut off
      along some edges where the glue is either poor or missing, and leaving
      this on is probably what started peeling on you.

      Once applied properly you better hope it is on where you want it because
      it won't be coming off easily any time soon!

      You might also try rolling it out with a rolling pin (or similar device)
      once in place to force out any air bubbles and to activate the glue better.

      WayneG