need help finding flocking material for my 228!

  • clusterbuster2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2008
      hi all,
      what flocking material will best match the original for the carbon
      fiber tubes? i flocked it with the proto star material only to see
      it peel off in about a week. help! where does the original
      material come from? thanks jon
    • Wayne G
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2008
        clusterbuster2000 wrote:
        > hi all,
        > what flocking material will best match the original for the carbon
        > fiber tubes? i flocked it with the proto star material only to see
        > it peel off in about a week. help! where does the original
        > material come from? thanks jon

        WG: Jon, what difference does it make what telescope you are putting it
        in? I use the Protostar flocking all of the time on telescopes and it
        works great! I have PS flocking that is many years old that is 100%
        good as new. The only thing I've found better is very costly black
        velvet for minimal gain. The reason why it peeled off was probably that
        you applied it wrong--- there is often a narrow gap you have to cut off
        along some edges where the glue is either poor or missing, and leaving
        this on is probably what started peeling on you.

        Once applied properly you better hope it is on where you want it because
        it won't be coming off easily any time soon!

        You might also try rolling it out with a rolling pin (or similar device)
        once in place to force out any air bubbles and to activate the glue better.

        WayneG