TMB Long f/l achromats

  • ftherrmann
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2002
      Other than the announcement placed by Ludes on Astromart no one in
      the US seems to have any information. I'm interested in buying one
      and would like to have information such as weight, price,
      availability, etc...

      Fred
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7, 2002
        Fred,

        we still working on all, not yet one have been produced, excapt the 6"F/15 lens in cell. Tom is still designing some of the lenses. However the manufactoris now waiting our orders, so I placest the ad.

        For beginning as said in the ad, we selling lenses in cells and doing only 152/1200 modell as serial production OTA. If many wants a diffrent modell as OTA we may start also serial production of OTA for other sizes. Until this happens we are able to offering custommade tubes with requirements of customers

        Best wishes

        Other than the announcement placed by Ludes on Astromart no one in
        the US seems to have any information. I'm interested in buying one
        and would like to have information such as weight, price,
        availability, etc...

        Fred

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • ftherrmann
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2002
          Markus,

          I guess I miss read your ad. So that I understand correctly I'll
          repeat what I think I currently understand....

          You currently only sell the 6" f15 lens and cell with a 10 week
          delivery time. How long for a complete (i.e. OTA, focuser, rings,
          etc..) 5" or 6" f15 as described in your ad ? After re-reading your
          ad I've also noticed that the prices quoted are for glass and cells
          only. How much for a complete 5" & 6" f15 OTA?

          I'll paste your ad for reference..

          Thanks,

          Fred

          TMB - FH Refractors

          Delivery Times on request

          New Airspacest TMB Designed Fraunhoder douplet Achromats,optimised
          for visuell purposes,1/6 wavefront p.t.v, and 96% strehlratio, fully
          Multicoated .
          US retail price includes shipping cost and US customsfees of 2.5%
          European Retail includes 16% VAT

          Type : Lens in cell USA Retailprice European Retailprice

          127 ( 5") F-ratio f/12~f/15 $ 595 € 545
          152 ( 6") F-ratio f/5~f/15 $ 795 € 690
          180 ( 7.1")F-ratio f/5~ f/15 $ 1,390 € 1.690
          203 ( 8") F-ratio f/6~f/15 $ 2,295 € 2.500
          228 ( 9") F-ratio f/6~f/15 $ 3,945 € 4.490
          254 ( 10") F-ratio f/6~ f/15 $ 5,395 € 5.995
          280 ( 11") F-ratio f/8~f/15 $ 6,895 € 7.990
          304 ( 12") F-ratio f/8~ F/15 $ 8,495 € 11.990

          The Optical tubes are from alumin with a 2.7" focuser, adapter
          2.7"/2" and 2"/1.25", set of tuberings , a 50 mm finderbracket, but
          no finder and interf. Testreport .

          Delivery Time for lenses in cell
          5" and 6" about 10 weeks
          7", 8", 9" about 3.5~4.5 month
          10" and 11" about 4.5~5.5 month
          12" about 6.5 month

          --- In tmboptical@y..., "Markus Ludes" <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
          > Fred,
          >
          > we still working on all, not yet one have been produced, excapt the
          6"F/15 lens in cell. Tom is still designing some of the lenses.
          However the manufactoris now waiting our orders, so I placest the ad.

          > For beginning as said in the ad, we selling lenses in cells and
          doing only 152/1200 modell as serial production OTA. If many wants a
          diffrent modell as OTA we may start also serial production of OTA for
          other sizes. Until this happens we are able to offering custommade
          tubes with requirements of customers

          > Best wishes

          Service.

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 8, 2002
            Fred,

            here again:

            we are ready to take orders for achromatic lenses in cell from 5" up to 12" with an f-ratio from F/5 till F/15 , which f-ratio excactly is your choice, 6"F/15 have been already made 2 pc so its easy to make next again

            a 6"F/15 OTA will be about 2.2 m long. focuser is 2.7", delivery time is about 3 month, price i have to ask, here the shipping cost play a big goal, because shipping such a big tube over the half planet will be not so cheap. I think for such an monster we will come up to around $ 2,000 for the 6"F/15 OTA

            best wishes

            I guess I miss read your ad. So that I understand correctly I'll
            repeat what I think I currently understand....

            You currently only sell the 6" f15 lens and cell with a 10 week
            delivery time. How long for a complete (i.e. OTA, focuser, rings,
            etc..) 5" or 6" f15 as described in your ad ? After re-reading your
            ad I've also noticed that the prices quoted are for glass and cells
            only. How much for a complete 5" & 6" f15 OTA?

            I'll paste your ad for reference..

            Thanks,

            Fred

            TMB - FH Refractors

            Delivery Times on request

            New Airspacest TMB Designed Fraunhoder douplet Achromats,optimised
            for visuell purposes,1/6 wavefront p.t.v, and 96% strehlratio, fully
            Multicoated .
            US retail price includes shipping cost and US customsfees of 2.5%
            European Retail includes 16% VAT

            Type : Lens in cell USA Retailprice European Retailprice

            127 ( 5") F-ratio f/12~f/15 $ 595 ? 545
            152 ( 6") F-ratio f/5~f/15 $ 795 ? 690
            180 ( 7.1")F-ratio f/5~ f/15 $ 1,390 ? 1.690
            203 ( 8") F-ratio f/6~f/15 $ 2,295 ? 2.500
            228 ( 9") F-ratio f/6~f/15 $ 3,945 ? 4.490
            254 ( 10") F-ratio f/6~ f/15 $ 5,395 ? 5.995
            280 ( 11") F-ratio f/8~f/15 $ 6,895 ? 7.990
            304 ( 12") F-ratio f/8~ F/15 $ 8,495 ? 11.990

            The Optical tubes are from alumin with a 2.7" focuser, adapter
            2.7"/2" and 2"/1.25", set of tuberings , a 50 mm finderbracket, but
            no finder and interf. Testreport .

            Delivery Time for lenses in cell
            5" and 6" about 10 weeks
            7", 8", 9" about 3.5~4.5 month
            10" and 11" about 4.5~5.5 month
            12" about 6.5 month

            --- In tmboptical@y..., "Markus Ludes" <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
            > Fred,
            >
            > we still working on all, not yet one have been produced, excapt the
            6"F/15 lens in cell. Tom is still designing some of the lenses.
            However the manufactoris now waiting our orders, so I placest the ad.

            > For beginning as said in the ad, we selling lenses in cells and
            doing only 152/1200 modell as serial production OTA. If many wants a
            diffrent modell as OTA we may start also serial production of OTA for
            other sizes. Until this happens we are able to offering custommade
            tubes with requirements of customers

            > Best wishes

            Service.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • ftherrmann
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 8, 2002
              Markus,

              I think I'll wait until things get firmed up a little better.

              Thanks,

              Fred

              Service.