130/f6

  • lxd55010
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
      Can someone tell me if bino's would work with the APM/TMB 130/f6.
      Would I have to extend the tube or use just as is?
      Thanks
      Mike
    • dietmar hager
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
        Mike,

        that depends on the focuser you have attached to the tube.
        usually these TMBs come along with a extnedable focuser - that is a
        tube in addition to the focuser knowb...
        in my case of a 100f/6.2, 130f/9 and 230/9 it works just beautifully!

        Dietmar

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "lxd55010" <lxd55010@...> wrote:

        > Can someone tell me if bino's would work with the APM/TMB 130/f6.
        > Would I have to extend the tube or use just as is?
        > Thanks
        > Mike

      • lxd55010
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
          Thanks Dietmar
          I just found one on Astormart thats less than a year old. I had
          ordered a 130ss in Oct.07 but canceled, know one know when they will
          be in. The 130/f6 came up so I went for it. Getting exicted.

          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "dietmar hager"
          <dietmar.hager@...> wrote:

          > Mike,
          >
          > that depends on the focuser you have attached to the tube.
          > usually these TMBs come along with a extnedable focuser - that is a
          > tube in addition to the focuser knowb...
          > in my case of a 100f/6.2, 130f/9 and 230/9 it works just
          beautifully!

          > Dietmar
          >
          > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "lxd55010" <lxd55010@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Can someone tell me if bino's would work with the APM/TMB 130/f6.
          > > Would I have to extend the tube or use just as is?
          > > Thanks
          > > Mike

        • Mark Rieck
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
            Both the LW and CNC tubes are bino friendly Mike. Binoviewing w/o
            having to use a corrector lens requires a tube be able to go short
            enough, not longer. The LW accomplishes this via it's sliding focuser
            tube and the CNC II via the long drawtube travel. The 'magic number'
            for this is usually around 4-5" depending upon tube design.

            Mark