M81 and M82 in Ha

  • Robert Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008
      Just wanted to share a "small" image from the TMB 175/Proline 16803
      camera combination with you.

      Even at 1400mm f/l, the 9um pixels on this camera give a 1.33 arc
      second per pixel and there is 4096 of them in each axis! (thus over 91
      arc minutes square of coverage).

      What surprised me was the amount of structure of M81 that came through.

      This was shot from my backyard here in Toronto, Canada.

      I hope to be able to get out of the city for the RGB sometime soon.

      http://tpo.ca/M81-M81_in_Ha.htm

      Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated.

      Cheers

      Bob
    • dietmar hager
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
        hi Bob,

        great result!
        tremendous amount of structure in both, M81 and M82!
        looking forward for the LRGB - H2 composit image!

        best regards,
        DIetmar

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Anderson" <bob@...> wrote:

        > Just wanted to share a "small" image from the TMB 175/Proline 16803
        > camera combination with you.
        >
        > Even at 1400mm f/l, the 9um pixels on this camera give a 1.33 arc
        > second per pixel and there is 4096 of them in each axis! (thus over
        91
        > arc minutes square of coverage).
        >
        > What surprised me was the amount of structure of M81 that came
        through.

        > This was shot from my backyard here in Toronto, Canada.
        >
        > I hope to be able to get out of the city for the RGB sometime soon.
        >
        > http://tpo.ca/M81-M81_in_Ha.htm
        >
        > Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Bob

      • Neil Fleming
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
          Nice job, Bob. What an incredible FOV!

          ...Neil

          --- Robert Anderson <bob@...> wrote:

          > Just wanted to share a "small" image from the TMB
          > 175/Proline 16803
          > camera combination with you.
          >
          > Even at 1400mm f/l, the 9um pixels on this camera
          > give a 1.33 arc
          > second per pixel and there is 4096 of them in each
          > axis! (thus over 91
          > arc minutes square of coverage).
          >
          > What surprised me was the amount of structure of M81
          > that came through.
          >
          > This was shot from my backyard here in Toronto,
          > Canada.
          >
          > I hope to be able to get out of the city for the RGB
          > sometime soon.
          >
          > http://tpo.ca/M81-M81_in_Ha.htm
          >
          > Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Bob
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          www.flemingastrophotography.com
          Also check out the astro_narrowband Yahoo group!
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 2008
            Hi Bob,

            This is looking good so far! I would recommend more luminance though to
            really bring out the outer areas of M81.

            I will be waiting for the final result! VBG

            http://tpo.ca/ <http://tpo.ca/M81-M81_in_Ha.htm> M81-M81_in_Ha.htm