Re: Specks on/in Objective

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2007
      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Wilson" <wrather1@...> wrote:

      > I recently acquired a used TMB130SS and noticed some little white
      > flecks on the objective surfaces, which appeared to be BETWEEN the
      > lenses. I'm sincerely hoping what I saw was an optical illusion, and
      > that the particles were actually on the back end of the objective and
      > therefore accessible. Anyone else ever see this problem? Advice
      > welcome, thanks.
      >
      > Dave W.

      If they're small specks of dust, it's pretty typical for just about
      any lens unless it's brand new, and unless there are a bunch of them,
      they're not likely to have any impact on the image.

      If you can shoot a picture that shows them, folks can probably give
      you more detailed advice.
    • Mike Siniscalchi
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2007
        Mark,

        I have one very tiny piece off centered on my TMB130SS. I spotted it
        when cleaning the lens the first time. I don't know if it's in between
        or on the back because the glass is so clear. It doesn't produce any
        shadows in my light frames so I don't worry about it.

        Mike Siniscalchi

        http://www.helixgate.net

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <msholdenct@...> wrote:

        > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Wilson" <wrather1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I recently acquired a used TMB130SS and noticed some little white
        > > flecks on the objective surfaces, which appeared to be BETWEEN the
        > > lenses. I'm sincerely hoping what I saw was an optical illusion, and
        > > that the particles were actually on the back end of the objective and
        > > therefore accessible. Anyone else ever see this problem? Advice
        > > welcome, thanks.
        > >
        > > Dave W.
        > >

        > If they're small specks of dust, it's pretty typical for just about
        > any lens unless it's brand new, and unless there are a bunch of them,
        > they're not likely to have any impact on the image.
        >
        > If you can shoot a picture that shows them, folks can probably give
        > you more detailed advice.

      • Ed Harrison
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2007
          They are always there, its just cosmetic and a result of hand
          assembly and polishing.

          Ed