a bunch of new images

  • Teuwen Karel
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 27, 2007
      Hi guys,

      Recently I was in Southern France for imaging with a group of astro friends.
      Good company, good food and wine, excellent skies and weather conditions,
      and when I retuned after one week in Belgium, I could even continue imaging
      for two more nights. So it took a while to process these babies and put them
      on my website. But here they are, all NINE of them at ones !

      They all are taken with my TMB152 apo and sometimes in combination with
      images taken at home with the 40 cm Hypergraph.

      I wanted to underline that it was very hard to process M45. I had to remove
      a dozen reflections and I also had to temper the big halos around the bright
      stars a lot.

      Ok, I hope you like them all and any comments are always much appreciated.

      M52 & NGC 7635 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=83
      <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=83&album=0> &album=0

      NGC 6992 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=80
      <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=80&album=0> &album=0

      NGC 7000 & IC 5070 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=79
      <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=79&album=0> &album=0

      IC 1848 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=81
      <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=81&album=0> &album=0

      IC 1805 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=82
      <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=82&album=0> &album=0

      NGC 6946 & NGC 6939 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=77
      <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=77&album=0> &album=0

      NGC 7331 & Stephans Quintet : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=78
      <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=78&album=0> &album=0

      M8 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=75
      <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=75&album=0> &album=0

      M45 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=76
      <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=76&album=0> &album=0

      Best regards

      Karel

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 27, 2007
        Karel,

        You have been very busy! The processing is excellent on these images! I
        do have one comment; on the large files, perhaps a mild surface blur may
        help smooth out the background some. My new 37 inch ViewSonic shows
        everything up close and personal, it may not look so bad on smaller
        monitors.

        Excellent work,

        Terry
        http://www.geocities.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/index.htm

        _____

        Recently I was in Southern France for imaging with a group of astro friends.
        Good company, good food and wine, excellent skies and weather conditions,
        and when I retuned after one week in Belgium, I could even continue imaging
        for two more nights. So it took a while to process these babies and put them
        on my website. But here they are, all NINE of them at ones !

        They all are taken with my TMB152 apo and sometimes in combination with
        images taken at home with the 40 cm Hypergraph.

        I wanted to underline that it was very hard to process M45. I had to remove
        a dozen reflections and I also had to temper the big halos around the bright
        stars a lot.

        Ok, I hope you like them all and any comments are always much appreciated.

        M52 & NGC 7635 : http://karelteuwen.
        <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=83> be/photo_page.php?img=83
        <http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=83&album=0>
        be/photo_page.php?img=83&album=0> &album=0

        NGC 6992 : http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=80>
        be/photo_page.php?img=80
        <http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=80&album=0>
        be/photo_page.php?img=80&album=0> &album=0

        NGC 7000 & IC 5070 : http://karelteuwen.
        <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=79> be/photo_page.php?img=79
        <http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=79&album=0>
        be/photo_page.php?img=79&album=0> &album=0

        IC 1848 : http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=81>
        be/photo_page.php?img=81
        <http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=81&album=0>
        be/photo_page.php?img=81&album=0> &album=0

        IC 1805 : http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=82>
        be/photo_page.php?img=82
        <http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=82&album=0>

        <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=77> be/photo_page.php?img=77
        <http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=77&album=0>
        be/photo_page.php?img=77&album=0> &album=0

        NGC 7331 & Stephans Quintet : http://karelteuwen.
        <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=78> be/photo_page.php?img=78
        <http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=78&album=0>
        be/photo_page.php?img=78&album=0> &album=0

        M8 : http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=75>
        be/photo_page.php?img=75
        <http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=75&album=0>
        be/photo_page.php?img=75&album=0> &album=0

        M45 : http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=76>
        be/photo_page.php?img=76
        <http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=76&album=0>
        be/photo_page.php?img=76&album=0> &album=0

        Best regards

        Karel

      • Ivan Eder
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 27, 2007
          Hi Karel,

          A beautyful bunch of images, I like all very much.
          About the ngc 6939 - 6946 image, I ve never seen that interstellar dusts
          before! Quite amazing!

          Keep up the good work!

          Ivan

          At 12:19 2007.09.27., you wrote:
          >Hi guys,
          >
          >Recently I was in Southern France for imaging with a group of astro friends.
          >Good company, good food and wine, excellent skies and weather conditions,
          >and when I retuned after one week in Belgium, I could even continue imaging
          >for two more nights. So it took a while to process these babies and put them
          >on my website. But here they are, all NINE of them at ones !
          >
          >They all are taken with my TMB152 apo and sometimes in combination with
          >images taken at home with the 40 cm Hypergraph.
          >
          >I wanted to underline that it was very hard to process M45. I had to remove
          >a dozen reflections and I also had to temper the big halos around the bright
          >stars a lot.
          >
          >Ok, I hope you like them all and any comments are always much appreciated.
          >
          >M52 & NGC 7635 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=83
          ><http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=83&album=0> &album=0
          >
          >NGC 6992 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=80
          ><http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=80&album=0> &album=0
          >
          >NGC 7000 & IC 5070 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=79
          ><http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=79&album=0> &album=0
          >
          >IC 1848 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=81
          ><http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=81&album=0> &album=0
          >
          >IC 1805 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=82
          ><http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=82&album=0> &album=0
          >
          >NGC 6946 & NGC 6939 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=77
          ><http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=77&album=0> &album=0
          >
          >NGC 7331 & Stephans Quintet : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=78
          ><http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=78&album=0> &album=0
          >
          >M8 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=75
          ><http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=75&album=0> &album=0
          >
          >M45 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=76
          ><http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=76&album=0> &album=0
          >
          >Best regards
          >
          >Karel

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Ivan Eder
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 27, 2007
            Dear Group,

            Here are my results of the September new moon period.
            The Cave Nebula region is one of my favorites. There are a lot of very
            faint interesting objects, so I decided to take a lots of frame for them.
            The result is 58x10 minutes, nearly 10 hours. It is my longest exposure,
            and probably my deepest picture.
            The Sh2-132 is not very popular, but I tried it with 19x10 minutes. It
            looks like some kind of small fish...
            Here are the images:

            http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/en.htm

            or direct:

            http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-132/sh2-132_eder_en.htm

            http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-155/sh2-155_eder_en.htm

            Thanks for looking, hope you will like them!

            Clear skies,
            Ivan
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 27, 2007
              Ivan,

              Nice images, you are breaking new ground with your Cannon shots; the
              best I have seen!

              Excellent work,

              Terry
              http://www.geocities.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/index.htm

              _____

              Here are my results of the September new moon period.
              The Cave Nebula region is one of my favorites. There are a lot of very
              faint interesting objects, so I decided to take a lots of frame for them.
              The result is 58x10 minutes, nearly 10 hours. It is my longest exposure,
              and probably my deepest picture.
              The Sh2-132 is not very popular, but I tried it with 19x10 minutes. It
              looks like some kind of small fish...
              Here are the images:

              http://eder. <http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/en.htm> csillagaszat.hu/en.htm

              or direct:

              http://eder.
              <http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-132/sh2-132_eder_en.htm>
              csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-132/sh2-132_eder_en.htm

              http://eder.
              <http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-155/sh2-155_eder_en.htm>
              csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-155/sh2-155_eder_en.htm

              Thanks for looking, hope you will like them!

              Clear skies,
              Ivan

            • dietmar hager
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 28, 2007
                hi Karel,

                I have been a bit in the background here these weeks, since I have
                nothing to post due to weather issues here...)-:

                Karel, your images are real jawdroppers!
                the overview image of ngc 7331 and friends is simply great, as are
                the pleiades and lagoon also.
                but what I really admire is the superb wide field of both galaxies
                6946+39.
                this is - in my eyes - one of the very best images of yours!
                you naled the colors perfectly and the huge FOV is stunning!
                I gotto go back there for one more look...(-:

                keep up the perfect work!

                Diets

                --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Teuwen Karel" <publik@...> wrote:

                > Hi guys,
                >
                > Recently I was in Southern France for imaging with a group of astro
                friends.
                > Good company, good food and wine, excellent skies and weather
                conditions,
                > and when I retuned after one week in Belgium, I could even continue
                imaging
                > for two more nights. So it took a while to process these babies and
                put them
                > on my website. But here they are, all NINE of them at ones !
                >
                > They all are taken with my TMB152 apo and sometimes in combination
                with
                > images taken at home with the 40 cm Hypergraph.
                >
                > I wanted to underline that it was very hard to process M45. I had
                to remove
                > a dozen reflections and I also had to temper the big halos around
                the bright
                > stars a lot.
                >
                > Ok, I hope you like them all and any comments are always much
                appreciated.

                > M52 & NGC 7635 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=83
                > <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=83&album=0> &album=0
                >
                > NGC 6992 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=80
                > <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=80&album=0> &album=0
                >
                > NGC 7000 & IC 5070 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=79
                > <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=79&album=0> &album=0
                >
                > IC 1848 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=81
                > <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=81&album=0> &album=0
                >
                > IC 1805 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=82
                > <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=82&album=0> &album=0
                >
                > NGC 6946 & NGC 6939 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=77
                > <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=77&album=0> &album=0
                >
                > NGC 7331 & Stephans Quintet : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?
                img=78
                > <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=78&album=0> &album=0
                >
                > M8 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=75
                > <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=75&album=0> &album=0
                >
                > M45 : http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=76
                > <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=76&album=0> &album=0
                >
                > Best regards
                >
                > Karel

              • Neil Fleming
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 28, 2007
                  Beautiful work, Ivan! I've never been able to do so
                  good RGB work as that.

                  ...Neil

                  --- Ivan Eder <eder@...> wrote:

                  > Dear Group,
                  >
                  > Here are my results of the September new moon
                  > period.
                  > The Cave Nebula region is one of my favorites. There
                  > are a lot of very
                  > faint interesting objects, so I decided to take a
                  > lots of frame for them.
                  > The result is 58x10 minutes, nearly 10 hours. It is
                  > my longest exposure,
                  > and probably my deepest picture.
                  > The Sh2-132 is not very popular, but I tried it with
                  > 19x10 minutes. It
                  > looks like some kind of small fish...
                  > Here are the images:
                  >
                  > http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/en.htm
                  >
                  > or direct:

                  http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-132/sh2-132_eder_en.htm

                  http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-155/sh2-155_eder_en.htm

                  > Thanks for looking, hope you will like them!
                  >
                  > Clear skies,
                  > Ivan
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  www.flemingastrophotography.com
                • Neil Fleming
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 28, 2007
                    Beauties, all, Karel!

                    ...Neil

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 29, 2007
                      congrats Ivan on these beauties!
                      I particularly like the "snake" (-:
                      Diets

                      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, Ivan Eder <eder@...> wrote:

                      > Dear Group,
                      >
                      > Here are my results of the September new moon period.
                      > The Cave Nebula region is one of my favorites. There are a lot of
                      very
                      > faint interesting objects, so I decided to take a lots of frame for
                      them.
                      > The result is 58x10 minutes, nearly 10 hours. It is my longest
                      exposure,
                      > and probably my deepest picture.
                      > The Sh2-132 is not very popular, but I tried it with 19x10 minutes.
                      It
                      > looks like some kind of small fish...
                      > Here are the images:
                      >
                      > http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/en.htm
                      >
                      > or direct:
                      >
                      > http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-132/sh2-132_eder_en.htm
                      >
                      > http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-155/sh2-155_eder_en.htm
                      >
                      > Thanks for looking, hope you will like them!
                      >
                      > Clear skies,
                      > Ivan

                    • Teuwen Karel
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 29, 2007
                        Thanks Dietmar for your very kind comment and all the others who responded.

                        Regards

                        Karel

                        _____

                        --- In tmboptical@yahoogro <mailto:tmboptical%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,

                        <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?> be/photo_page.php?
                        img=78
                        > <http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=78&album=0>
                        be/photo_page.php?img=78&album=0> &album=0

                        > M8 : http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=75>
                        be/photo_page.php?img=75
                        > <http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=75&album=0>
                        be/photo_page.php?img=75&album=0> &album=0

                        > M45 : http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=76>
                        be/photo_page.php?img=76
                        > <http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=76&album=0>
                        be/photo_page.php?img=76&album=0> &album=0

                        > Best regards
                        >
                        > Karel

                      • Karel Teuwen
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 29, 2007
                          A wonderful photo Ivan, I like it a lot !!!

                          Karel

                          _____

                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 29, 2007
                            Thanks also Ivan.

                            Karel

                            _____

                            At 12:19 2007.09.27., you wrote:
> [...]
                            ><http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=77&album=0>
                            be/photo_page.php?img=77&album=0> &album=0

                            >NGC 7331 & Stephans Quintet : http://karelteuwen.
                            <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=78> be/photo_page.php?img=78
                            ><http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=78&album=0>
                            be/photo_page.php?img=78&album=0> &album=0

                            >M8 : http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=75>
                            be/photo_page.php?img=75
                            ><http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=75&album=0>
                            be/photo_page.php?img=75&album=0> &album=0

                            >M45 : http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=76>
                            be/photo_page.php?img=76
                            ><http://karelteuwen. <http://karelteuwen.be/photo_page.php?img=76&album=0>
                            be/photo_page.php?img=76&album=0> &album=0

                          • Karel Teuwen
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 29, 2007
                              Thanks a lot Terry for your comment and advice. Wow 37 inch monitor ! that
                              is Huge ! I use Surface blur now and then and I think it's a great tool.

                              Regards

                              _____

                              m> s.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/index.htm

                              _____

                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 29, 2007
                                Both pictures I meant !!

                                Karel

                                _____

                                Van: tmboptical@yahoogro <mailto:tmboptical%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com

                                http://eder. <http://eder. <http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/en.htm>

                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 30, 2007
                                  Hi Neil,

                                  Thank you!
                                  You did some awesome narrowband images, don't need to shot through only RGB
                                  filters.
                                  There are much more detail in your Sh2-132 nebula, than in my shot. 29
                                  hours, my God....
                                  Excellent image in every respect!

                                  Ivan

                                  At 02:40 2007.09.29., you wrote:
                                  >Beautiful work, Ivan! I've never been able to do so
                                  >good RGB work as that.
                                  >
                                  > ...Neil
                                  >
                                  >--- Ivan Eder <eder@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > Dear Group,
                                  > >
                                  > > Here are my results of the September new moon
                                  > > period.
                                  > > The Cave Nebula region is one of my favorites. There
                                  > > are a lot of very
                                  > > faint interesting objects, so I decided to take a
                                  > > lots of frame for them.
                                  > > The result is 58x10 minutes, nearly 10 hours. It is
                                  > > my longest exposure,
                                  > > and probably my deepest picture.
                                  > > The Sh2-132 is not very popular, but I tried it with
                                  > > 19x10 minutes. It
                                  > > looks like some kind of small fish...
                                  > > Here are the images:
                                  > >
                                  > > http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/en.htm
                                  > >
                                  > > or direct:
                                  > >

                                  >http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-132/sh2-132_eder_en.htm
                                  > >

                                  >http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-155/sh2-155_eder_en.htm
                                  > >
                                  > > Thanks for looking, hope you will like them!
                                  > >
                                  > > Clear skies,
                                  > > Ivan
                                  > >

                                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                  > >

                                  >www.flemingastrophotography.com
                                  > Direct from Boston - brilliant diamonds in pea soup
                                  >

                                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                                • Ivan Eder
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 30, 2007
                                    Thanks Dietmar,

                                    >congrats Ivan on these beauties!
                                    >I particularly like the "snake" (-:

                                    :-)) ...me too... :-)))

                                    Ivan

                                    >Diets
                                    >

                                    >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, Ivan Eder <eder@...> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Dear Group,
                                    > >
                                    > > Here are my results of the September new moon period.
                                    > > The Cave Nebula region is one of my favorites. There are a lot of
                                    >very
                                    > > faint interesting objects, so I decided to take a lots of frame for
                                    >them.
                                    > > The result is 58x10 minutes, nearly 10 hours. It is my longest
                                    >exposure,
                                    > > and probably my deepest picture.
                                    > > The Sh2-132 is not very popular, but I tried it with 19x10 minutes.
                                    >It
                                    > > looks like some kind of small fish...
                                    > > Here are the images:
                                    > >
                                    > > http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/en.htm
                                    > >
                                    > > or direct:
                                    > >
                                    > > http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-132/sh2-132_eder_en.htm
                                    > >
                                    > > http://eder.csillagaszat.hu/deepsky/350D/Sh2-155/sh2-155_eder_en.htm
                                    > >
                                    > > Thanks for looking, hope you will like them!
                                    > >
                                    > > Clear skies,
                                    > > Ivan
                                    > >

                                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  • Ivan Eder
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Sep 30, 2007
                                      Thank you Karel!

                                      Ivan

                                      At 13:04 2007.09.29., you wrote:
                                      >A wonderful photo Ivan, I like it a lot !!!
                                      >
                                      >Karel
                                      >

                                      > _____

                                    • Neil Fleming
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Oct 1, 2007