TMB Field Flattener for TMB 175 - Need help

  • Robert Anderson
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 9 7:50 PM
      Hi all

      I am wondering if anyone has a Field Flattener for the TMB 175 and
      are using it successfully with their imaging system.

      I have been having a bear of a time trying to get mine to dial in on
      my new Finger Lakes Proline 16803 camera and have not been successful.

      Curvature is over 36% as analyzed with CCDInspector which is so far
      off from what people like Tim Povlick is getting that I am now
      becoming somewhat frantic to get my scope back in service, (has been
      almost 5 months since I last imaged).

      Part of my problem was selling my old camera last September as the
      Proline was to be available the first or second week of October. It
      was finally delivered in February and I finally got to test the new
      field flattener that Markus built for me. We had to get the spacer re-
      done as the original was too short but now, it looks like I am at the
      exact distance to the CCD chip of 113mm.

      I have put together a short html that compares my FF to Tim's that he
      uses on both his TMB 152mm and 228mm scopes.

      To see some inital shots and the schematic of the imaging system,
      click here.

      http://tpo.ca/Proline-First_Light.htm

      To see the differences between Tim's and my FF, click here.

      http://tpo.ca/Field_Flattener_Analysis_April_9th-2007.htm

      Any advice would be grealy appreciated. I am at the end of my stick
      on this latest challenge.

      Cheers

      Bob
    • Michael Sherick
      Message 51 of 51 , Jun 12, 2007
        Same for me Tim -- can you place the CCD Inspector results in the Photo section on the TMB Group -- Thanks.

        Mike

        Teuwen Karel <publik@...> wrote:
        Hi Tim and Mike,

        Thanks for your answers gentlemen. Tim, I'm very curious to see the result
        of your imaging combo in CCD Inspector, can you post it here or send it to
        me privately ?

        Regards

        Karel

        _____