TMB 130 SS/Markus/the whole nine

  • astronomics1
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2007
      This is starting to get very childish, so I really will consider this
      the last post that needs to be typed on the subject.

      Concerning Tom checking the lenses. With Tom being sick we are having
      to do his lens QC as discussed in a thread several months ago. He has
      placed his faith in our staff and we do our very best.

      I guess at this time Tom checks the 130 SS lenses about as much as he
      checks the APM telescopes using TMB lenses, so I don't really
      understand your point unless he flies over to Germany every time you
      get a lens shipment in and spends a few weeks checking out the lenses
      before they ship. ;-)

      Mike
    • apm_telecopes
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2007
        Mike

        the diffrence is simply the way you describe it.

        I never claim that Thomas is taking care on all issues on our scopes. But you reply here on public that Thomas is fixing all problems. But as far as I understand, your company only has the scopes and so full controle whats going out to customers and what not.
        So you make on public Thomas responsable to fix everything, but he does not see each scope, so he cannot be responsable.
        And Thomas is also no mechanical engineer who can design or redesign in critical details a complete unit like a fine speed focuser to 100% perefection as Detlef Schmidt with Starlight Feather Touch is doing.

        Also you post here words speaken by somebody else , that your 130 SS performs as the russian TMB 152 , if you say you do not know why somebody say such, siimply do not post such things and all is okay.

        I have the feeling you like to use the signature series to degrate the real and original TMB Apo's in bad light, espacialy regards the price and delivery time...IN Contra we use on the original TMB Apo's the best focuser > Feather Touch , we use tested and certified high end apo lenses , and we have very short delivery times for all sizes up to 254 mm diameter.

        I understand that you need to work like me , as a company with employes, need to do business and must promote and sell products , but that shall not be done, as it goes at moment, that you promote the new asian made scopes with same name on dew shield beeing as good or superior and much cheaper as the other line.

        The Russian lenses made TMB famous due its consistent high quality over 8 years , not one time such a super scope was ever titelt Hot Product of the year , but thanks to your big adds and money you spend to the magazin, you , as the old TMB dealer , used the chance to get a till now unknown product promoted as Hot Product of the year 2007.

        How can a unknown product with unknown quality be a Hot product of the year , can somebody explain that to me ? In my opinion such thing can be only if that titel was bought and paid by somebody.

        egards

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2007
          I guess my message didn't translate well. I really don't want to
          respond to these childish messages, but I feel if I don't the public
          will assume my silence if proving your statements correct. I want to
          apologize to everyone that is sick of reading this banter.

          By fixing all problems, I am referring to Tom coming up with a
          solution for the current focuser problem. He is not an engineer, but
          your TMB/APM products carry a US warranty when Tom sells them and he
          is responsible for fixing all the problems mechanical and such if they
          break. Again, I don't understand the issue with Tom taking care of
          his telescope line. At this point in time Tom is not well enough to
          handle the products, so we have to. That will all change when he is
          up and going again from this long illness.

          Feel free to ask Jason on list to clarify the statement. I believe he
          posted it in an earlier thread. He was simply saying the lens quality
          was as good as the TMB designed LZOS lens. I would hope so since he
          designed both.

          I am not degrading anything, so please don't accuse me of such. These
          are Tom's customers that are comparing the lenses. If Tom can bring a
          scope out at a certain price, then good for him.
          As far as the focuser goes the FT 3545 will now be standard equipment
          on the 130SS.

          Again, the name is Tom's name. He owns the name TMB Optical. He has
          been using it for roughly 15 years, so he can put it wherever he
          wants. I wonder why you don't go after William Optics and their use
          of the TMB name?

          You can talk to Dennis at Sky and Tel about hot products if you like.
          As the US TMB dealer we got the 100 f/8 the 105 f/6 and the mono
          eyepieces all into Sky and Tel for review. So again, don't say we
          haven't tried to get products into the magazines for review. The hot
          product review is for new products that show promise, break a barrier
          in performance or price, and can be delivered. We sent a scope to
          them on Tom's behalf and the scope made it in, that is all. They
          have many products that made the list that don't advertise at all. We
          didn't buy a spot and to say that is an insult to the readers of the
          magazine and everyone that works in the magazine.

          I really don't know what else to say. I have never doubted the TMB
          designed LZOS lenses. To do so would be an insult to Tom's design
          capability's and an insult to owners of the LZOS lenses. Is it bad
          that Tom designed a lens using different mating glasses that allowed
          the scope to preform to his specs and bring it out a price that is
          agreeable to more people? It is funny since the scope is still $4000
          and it is considered cheap.

          I know I am never going to win this battle or even get it to tie since
          it just won't die. Tom has a line he now has complete control over.
          TMB Optical is his company, his name, so he can do with it what he
          wants. I would ask any further questions be directed to Tom.
          Hopefully he will be well enough to answer.

          I again want to apologize to the group for this banter. I hope you
          can all have a lovely weekend with your families like I would like to
          have and not have to answer these repetitive e-mails.

          Sincerely,

          Mike Bieler

          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "apm_telecopes"
          <apm_telescopes@...> wrote:

          > Mike
          >
          > the diffrence is simply the way you describe it.
          >
          > I never claim that Thomas is taking care on all issues on our
          scopes. But you reply here on public that Thomas is fixing all
          problems. But as far as I understand, your company only has the scopes
          and so full controle whats going out to customers and what not.
          > So you make on public Thomas responsable to fix everything, but he
          does not see each scope, so he cannot be responsable.
          > And Thomas is also no mechanical engineer who can design or redesign
          in critical details a complete unit like a fine speed focuser to 100%
          perefection as Detlef Schmidt with Starlight Feather Touch is doing.

          > Also you post here words speaken by somebody else , that your 130 SS
          performs as the russian TMB 152 , if you say you do not know why
          somebody say such, siimply do not post such things and all is okay.

          > I have the feeling you like to use the signature series to degrate
          the real and original TMB Apo's in bad light, espacialy regards the
          price and delivery time...IN Contra we use on the original TMB Apo's
          the best focuser > Feather Touch , we use tested and certified high
          end apo lenses , and we have very short delivery times for all sizes
          up to 254 mm diameter.

          > I understand that you need to work like me , as a company with
          employes, need to do business and must promote and sell products , but
          that shall not be done, as it goes at moment, that you promote the new
          asian made scopes with same name on dew shield beeing as good or
          superior and much cheaper as the other line.

          > The Russian lenses made TMB famous due its consistent high quality
          over 8 years , not one time such a super scope was ever titelt Hot
          Product of the year , but thanks to your big adds and money you spend
          to the magazin, you , as the old TMB dealer , used the chance to get a
          till now unknown product promoted as Hot Product of the year 2007.

          > How can a unknown product with unknown quality be a Hot product of
          the year , can somebody explain that to me ? In my opinion such thing
          can be only if that titel was bought and paid by somebody.

          > egards

        • digidodi
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 7, 2007
            Sky and Tel is not exactly what I would call a reference in this
            domain. I remember when the STL11000 was reviewed, they wrote "the
            lowest noise, none blooming CCD ever" or something of that sort. At
            that time Starlight Xpress in the UK had lower noise non blooming
            CCD's already for yeeeeaaarssss :)

            Dodi

            > How can a unknown product with unknown quality be a Hot product of
            the year , can somebody explain that to me ? In my opinion such thing
            can be only if that titel was bought and paid by somebody.

            > egards
            > Markus

          • Alan French
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 7, 2007
              > How can a unknown product with unknown quality be a Hot product of the
              year , can somebody explain that to me ? In my opinion such thing can be
              only if that titel was bought and paid by somebody.

              > egards
              > Markus

              Nonsense. They are simply products that the editors feel are most
              "intiguing." It sounds like you never read the introduction.

              Clear skies, Alan