News regards TMB Super Mono eyepiece Delay

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      hello All,

      we got a new update about the Super Mono eyepiece delivery this week
      and for those who are under hurry to get them, it does not look such
      good.

      Let me pread or exoplain the old and now new situation.

      We have a big Contract with Berliner Glas in Berlin for such
      eyepieces.Many parts have been made in door , but some also
      outsourced .

      The recend delay we have is, that due our super strong requirements
      on cosmetic and quality of the Super Multicoating about 50% of the
      glas lenses has been not good enough for assembling as a eyepiece.
      Thereoftre we got this year from the remind quantity of the contract
      much less then we wanted.

      New lenses have had to be polished to replace the bad coated once
      and to be able to fullfill the contract.

      This week I got a new testing plate of a new multicoating and new
      transmission curved from a company which looks very promissing that
      they can do the required super high quality coating on such small
      lenses.

      In Trade Berliner Glas informed me the promissed delivery of end of
      september, earl< october have been post phoned again backwards, at
      moment with no fixed date.

      So what is fixed is the remind quality , Berliner Glas will deliver
      us and thats enough to fullfill from my side all excisting
      backorders.
      Some focallengthes are fully sold out , if we must make more of the
      sold out, we need to ask higher prices.

      So the situation for those of you who has a backorder running with
      me, and thats are a lot of you , will get here eyepiece later , but
      you will get it. If you want to canle your backorder due this
      message , drop me a email, it okay and no problem.

      So if you want your backordered Mono , even somewhat later , fine,
      do no nothing, I have all of you on my list.

      I am sorry for this not best news , but at least such good news,
      that you know now again a bit about the reason for the delay and
      that you get your Super Mono for shure, if you wait till we have
      them ready for shipping

      best wishes

      Markus Ludes