ngc 7331 9"f/9

  • dietmar hager
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2006
      hi guys,

      90 minutes of total exposure time is just a start for this galaxy, I
      know.
      but the result gives me hope to grab out more details twice the exp-
      time,...(-;
      I hope to be able to continue tonight.

      data:
      9" f/9
      sxv h9c
      sxv sw
      i.p.
      ps cs2
      pix insight

      the image:
      http://stargazer.christelhager.info/astropics/deepsky/7331-f9.jpg

      happy greets
      dietmar
    • Wade Van Arsdale
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 30, 2006
        Beautiful, Dietmar!

        Wade

        //////////
        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "dietmar hager"

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 30, 2006
          Dietmar,

          I like this already! The detail is excellent!

          Go deep on this and you will have an excellent image, rich with color.

          Well done,

          Terry

          http://www.geocities.com/tlt284@.../terryshuntofthemonth/

          _____

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1 5:42 AM
            Very nice image as is! I enjoyed not only the dusty detail captured
            in NGC7331 but the 4 background galaxies as well.

            Philip
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1 9:15 AM
              >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "dietmar hager"
              > <dietmar.hager@...> wrote:
              >
              > hi guys,

              Hey,

              Talk about a benchmark image, this one is off the charts. Fantastic
              results. I can't wait to see the added photon collection time. I
              hope you have good skies.

              Tim

              > 90 minutes of total exposure time is just a start for this galaxy, I
              > know.
              > but the result gives me hope to grab out more details twice the exp-
              > time,...(-;
              > I hope to be able to continue tonight.
              >
              > data:
              > 9" f/9
              > sxv h9c
              > sxv sw
              > i.p.
              > ps cs2
              > pix insight
              >
              > the image:
              > http://stargazer.christelhager.info/astropics/deepsky/7331-f9.jpg
              >
              > happy greets
              > dietmar

            • dietmar hager
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1 2:42 PM
                thanks You folks!
                I really appreciate Your comments!

                take a look at this reprocessed version here:
                slightly more details and even more color,...

                http://stargazer.christelhager.info/astropics/deepsky/7331_02.jpg

                Dietmar

                --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Tube Tim" <potentate@...> wrote:

                > >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "dietmar hager"
                > > <dietmar.hager@> wrote:
                > >
                > > hi guys,
                >
                > Hey,
                >
                > Talk about a benchmark image, this one is off the charts.
                Fantastic
                > results. I can't wait to see the added photon collection time. I
                > hope you have good skies.
                >

                > Tim
                >

                > > 90 minutes of total exposure time is just a start for this
                galaxy, I
                > > know.
                > > but the result gives me hope to grab out more details twice the
                exp-
                > > time,...(-;
                > > I hope to be able to continue tonight.
                > >
                > > data:
                > > 9" f/9
                > > sxv h9c
                > > sxv sw
                > > i.p.
                > > ps cs2
                > > pix insight
                > >
                > > the image:
                > > http://stargazer.christelhager.info/astropics/deepsky/7331-f9.jpg
                > >
                > > happy greets
                > > dietmar

              • Wade Van Arsdale
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 1 7:47 PM
                  Call me old-fashioned, but I think I still like the first one the
                  best, Dietmar. It just has something about it that makes it very
                  natural-looking and pleasing to the eye.

                  Cheers,
                  Wade