New shipment arrived

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 4 2:33 AM
      Good news for the start of the year 2002

      a new big lens shipment arrived and next week we will forward all to TMB

      here what arrived and going to TMB and are beeing sold already

      1 pc TMB 100/800
      4 pc TMB 105/650
      2 pc TMB 130/750
      5 pc TMB 152/1200
      2 pc TMB 203/1800

      here a list of our present stock , which is ready for sale
      30 pc TMB 100/800
      3 pc TMB 115/805
      2 pc TMB 9"F/9
      1 pc TMB 10"F/9

      we will show at WSP 2002 1 pc TMB 9"F/9 on AP 1200 Mount

      The TMB 100/800 can be delivered now in various diffrent conditions
      a, with well known Vixen Tube
      b, with well known CNC Tube and 3" Focuser
      c, NEW : CNC Tube lightweight version with JMI Focusers and Starlight
      Instruments Feather Touch Focusers

      best wishes

      Markus
    • pattern120
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 5 4:44 AM
        Hi Markus,
        Any news on FeatherTouch focuser retrofit kits for the 105/650?

        Regards,

        John

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 5 5:08 AM
          under progess, orders can be accepted now. Tube will be about 7 pound less
          heavy

          best wishes

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 5 5:26 AM
            yes , we will remove only the large focuser , install an thinner extension,
            install the 22 focuser and attach finderbracket to the alu ring you have on
            rear of main tube. there is no way to use an rotatable finder with that
            design, at leastb not at moment until the fully carbon fiber tubes coming
            sometimes late summer, but as I was told that carbon fiber tubes will be a
            bit more expensive than the present CNC tubes.

            good news regards the 115 F/7 telescope, the total weight of this larger
            scope is only 1 pound more than the 100/800

            again the present heavy weight is a result from the original requirements
            from customers side: use of big heavy medium format equipment, here you need
            a ultrastrong focuser which results in more weight.

            best wishes

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 5 9:20 AM
              Markus,

              Id the newer tube and feather touch only for the 4" TMB'S?

              Marc Zukoff

            • phyzzld
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 5 9:23 AM
                --- In tmboptical@y..., "Markus Ludes" <apm_telescopes@w...> wrote:
                until the fully carbon fiber tubes coming
                > sometimes late summer, but as I was told that carbon fiber tubes
                >will be a bit more expensive than the present CNC tubes.
                >
                > again the present heavy weight is a result from the original
                requirements
                > from customers side: use of big heavy medium format equipment, here
                you need
                > a ultrastrong focuser which results in more weight.

                Hi Markus and everybody,

                This is the first I've heard of a carbon fiber tube (I'm new to the
                group). Will it be a direct replacement for the CNC tube? How much
                lighter is it? Any details would be appreciated.

                thanks,
                Jeff
              • pattern120
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 5 4:35 PM
                  Thanks Markus,
                  Is there a price? Is it ex-TMB?

                  Regards,

                  John

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 7 6:20 AM
                    THE CARBON FIBER TUBES WILL COME FOR ALL MODELLS

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 7 6:22 AM
                      The Carbonfiber might be an addition or maybe a replacement, we will see
                      which versions selling after that how good. Details about weights we can
                      give only when they are designed and made, takes till late summer

                      best wishes

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 7 6:45 AM
                        the price for tubes with Feather Touch focuser will be same as with 3"
                        Focuser, since Feather Touch is heavy expensive and we need to make extra
                        adapters too