Re: [tmboptical] Re: My best ever M45, with TMB 80mm - Epilogue

  • APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 2 2:38 AM
      Hi Dodi

      matched flattners are available , but they have about 60 mm lens diameter and will not fit well on the 2" focusers. These flattners are made , when I hoped to get bigger focusers for the 80 mm. Starlight is working on a 2.5" or 2.7" focuser, but it taking longer then expected

      best wishes

      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 2 2:41 AM
        Wayne,

        I am sorry, but that software exists: PTlens it is called.
        However, one has to find the parameters for the formula and optimize it ;)

        D.

        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 2 3:01 AM
          the flattners are in stock for the 80 mm, but due its size they need a larger focuser then 2" to be used

          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 2 7:58 AM
            Dodi,

            this image is a reference image for all 80mm refractors!
            no doubt about it!
            You really leaft nothing to be criticized!

            perfect image!
            greetings
            Dietmar

            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 2 10:36 AM
              >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes"
              > <apm_telescopes@...> wrote:
              >
              > the flattners are in stock for the 80 mm, but due its size they
              > need a larger focuser then 2" to be used

              That works for me! I have a custom helical focuser with 65mm opening
              and 2.7" threads. Can someone tell me how to dial APM from USA? I
              couldn't get all the dial codes right. I'd like to call Markus Monday.

              Thanks,

              TiM
            • Wayne G
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 2 6:57 PM
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 3 2:07 AM
                  Hi Markus,

                  Keep us informed ;) But tell feathertouch to make that focuser better
                  than the 2 inch. The 2 inch version sags under the weight of the STL
                  camera. I had to modify it. Problem is there is no force applied from
                  the top of the focuser like e.g. in the Tak focusers or the JMI
                  focusers. That way the drawtube sags a little bit in the grooves where
                  the two wheels run in, lethal for an STL format...

                  <apm_telescopes@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Dodi
                  >
                  > matched flattners are available , but they have about 60 mm lens
                  diameter and will not fit well on the 2" focusers. These flattners are
                  made , when I hoped to get bigger focusers for the 80 mm. Starlight is
                  working on a 2.5" or 2.7" focuser, but it taking longer then expected

                  > best wishes

                • Eric Baumgartner
                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 3 9:55 AM
                    Hi, Tim:

                    From the USA, first dial 011 for international calls, then 49 for Germany
                    (country code), 681 for Saarbrucken (city code), and then Markus's phone
                    number, thusly:

                    011-49-681-954-1161.

                    Good luck,

                    Eric Baumgartner
                    Redding, CT USA

                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 3 10:13 AM
                      >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, Eric Baumgartner <malkasten@...
                      > wrote:
                      >
                      > Hi, Tim:
                      >
                      > From the USA, first dial 011 for international calls, then 49 for
                      > Germany (country code), 681 for Saarbrucken (city code), and then
                      > Markus's phone number, thusly:
                      >
                      > 011-49-681-954-1161.

                      Thanks for the information Eric. The zero in the front of the number
                      on Markus' site had me confused. Thanks for clearing it up.

                      > Good luck,

                      Now all I have to do is get up at 5:00AM to call. :-) Or stay up
                      till the wee hours observing then call.

                      > Eric Baumgartner
                      > Redding, CT USA

                      Have a good holiday.

                      ___
                      Tim
                    • APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes
                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 4 12:46 AM
                        dial 01149-681-9541161

                        Message 11 of 20 , Sep 4 3:22 AM
                          >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes"
                          > <apm_telescopes@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > dial 01149-681-9541161
                          >

                          > Markus

                          Vus es los?

                          Good to talk to you Markus. I am up all night taking h-alpha images
                          with the TMB 229.