Re: TMB 80/600 and solar eclipse

  • kentblackwell
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5 7:02 AM
      Beautiful picture, and my goodness you did find the ultimate in
      portablitity. I'll have to consider that, because Alitalia Airlines
      decided to force me to check my carry-on packed with the TMB 80. They
      said it exceed the weight limits. Reluctantly, I agreed. Fortunately,
      all survived.

      Kent Blackwell

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, Jim Bessette <jbessette@...> wrote:

      > kentblackwell wrote:
      > > What could be more portable to carry on a 5,000 mile solar
      eclipse
      > > expedition than the TMB 80/600 mounted atop a Universal
      Astronomics
      > > Microstar mount on a small Bogen tripod? Combined with a Canon
      20Da
      > > digital SLR I managed to snap this rather nice picture at the end
      of
      > > totality. I was positioned at sea on the Costa ship "Classica"
      off the
      > > coast of Libya and Egypt.
      > >
      > > The copy is low resolution, but still shows a beautiful diamond
      ring.

      > > Kent Blackwell
      > >
      > > http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/skent/IMG_0932COPY.jpg
      >
      > Kent, beautiful picture! To answer your question though,
      > see this one, taken with a Stellarvue F50 FINDER SCOPE!!
      >
      > http://www.astromart.com/news/news.asp?news_id=487
      > --
      > Jim Bessette
      > jbessette@...

    • jimhp29401us
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5 7:41 AM
        Gorgeous Kent! Really very nice. Congratulations!!

        Jim Phillips