Re: New Here and First Light

  • Jose Suro
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2 5:04 PM
      Thanks for the warm welcome Tim. I'm really looking forward to using
      this scope for Milky Way wide fields, this if we don't get too many
      hurricanes down here <g>. As I said I'm very pleased with the
      optics, best I've had the pleasure of using - it's all about good
      stars - everything else takes care of itself :). This scope captures
      stars very, very well.

      Best,

      Jose

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Tube Tim" <potentate@...> wrote:

      > >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Suro" <jasuro@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All,
      >
      > Hi Jose,
      >

      > > My first post here as I just received a 105/650 CNC recently. I
      did

      > Welcome to the group and congratulations on acquiring the 105/650.
      >
      > > a first light last night on the Orion Sword and I'm happy to say
      I'm
      > > very pleased with the optics. It was a quickie first light as
      Orion
      > > is now only up over 30 degrees for a couple of hours after
      twilight.
      > > I used my little Borg flattener as the TMB flattener needs to be
      > > shortened because of the push-pull cell on this scope. Not much
      > > processing on this one as lately I go for a more natural look,
      > > including leaving the trapezium bright. The image can be seen
      here:

      > > http://jsuro.smugmug.com/gallery/1138689/1/58070192/Original
      >
      > Wow! Nice.
      >

      > > Thanks for looking and I'm really looking forward to this TMB
      scope.
      > > Great optics.
      >
      > Great optics for sure and this scope is in good hands.
      >
      > Please post more if you are so inclined.
      >

      > Tim
      >

      > > Best,
      > >
      > > Jose Suro
      > > Tierra Verde, Florida

    • Jose Suro
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2 5:11 PM
        Thank you Terry! Great to see you here. I sold my FSQ a couple of
        months back but I still have my little soda straw Borg - a great
        little scope geared for photography. I hadn't been posting as I was
        waiting for the TMB and experimenting with very wide fields -
        constellation wide - with my STL11. I have an image of Taurus at
        50mm focal length that has 23 NEOS in it :). I'm considering having
        a wide field setup built around one of the new Schneider Digitar
        large format lenses but there are some back focus issues.

        Best,

        Jose

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Tuggle" <tlt284@...> wrote:

        > Jose,
        >
        > Wow, nice image! You are collecting quiet a few scopes by
        now. The
        > longer you have the new TMB, the more you will like it. Do you
        still have
        > the FSQ? I was showing someone on the SBIG group; the images you
        have taken
        > with that little Borg76/ STL 11k combo the other day. I haven't
        seen many
        > posts from you on that group from you lately.
        >
        > Welcome to this group, you will love it.
        >

        > Terry
        >

        > _____

        t=ms&k=Tmb&w1=Tmb&w2=Astronomy+software&w3=Ast
        > ronomy+magazine&c=3&s=57&.sig=ECRzDYUg029vbpzCfOx18A>
        >
        > Astronomy
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Astronomy+software&w1=Tmb&w2=Astronomy+

        software&w3=Astronomy+magazine&c=3&s=57&.sig=Pi3twtcxH1LmtHlKrhUj3w>
        > software
        >
        > Astronomy
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Astronomy+magazine&w1=Tmb&w2=Astronomy+

        software&w3=Astronomy+magazine&c=3&s=57&.sig=BwRKZk4y4Vl7WkPQI5mCSQ>
        > magazine
        >

        > _____
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        > * Visit your group "tmboptical
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tmboptical> " on the web.

        subject=Unsubscribe>

        > _____

      • Jose Suro
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 2 5:17 PM
          Thanks Neil. I appreciate it. I used an STL11000.

          Best,

          Jose

          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Neil Fleming" <neilfleming@...>
          wrote:

          > Impressive! What camera did you use?
          >
          > ...Neil
          >
          > >From: "Jose Suro" <jasuro@...>
          > >To: tmboptical@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [tmboptical] New Here and First Light
          > >Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 04:34:58 -0000
          > >
          > >Hi All,
          > >
          > >My first post here as I just received a 105/650 CNC recently. I
          did
          > >a first light last night on the Orion Sword and I'm happy to say
          I'm
          > >very pleased with the optics. It was a quickie first light as
          Orion
          > >is now only up over 30 degrees for a couple of hours after
          twilight.
          > >I used my little Borg flattener as the TMB flattener needs to be
          > >shortened because of the push-pull cell on this scope. Not much
          > >processing on this one as lately I go for a more natural look,
          > >including leaving the trapezium bright. The image can be seen
          here:

          > >http://jsuro.smugmug.com/gallery/1138689/1/58070192/Original
          > >
          > >Thanks for looking and I'm really looking forward to this TMB
          scope.
          > >Great optics.
          > >
          > >Best,
          > >
          > >Jose Suro
          > >Tierra Verde, Florida

        • Jose Suro
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 2 5:19 PM
            Hola Donald :). This is my first light with this scope so the answer
            is no, I used a variety of other scopes. This is one of three
            websites that I use and I haven't had a chance to update my astro
            site, where I keep all the shot info.

            Best,

            Jose

            --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Rosenfield" <cardar@...>
            wrote:

            > Hola José,
            >
            > Did you take all the pix in your gallery with the 105/650? Your
            gallery entrants should say which telescope was used so we can
            compare the pix with others of the same or differing size.

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 2 8:55 PM
              >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Suro" <jasuro@...> wrote:
              >
              > Thanks for the warm welcome Tim. I'm really looking forward to using
              > this scope for Milky Way wide fields, this if we don't get too many
              > hurricanes down here <g>.

              I sure hope the hurricane season is a lot quieter this year.

              Tim