Re: New Here and First Light

  • Jose Suro
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2, 2006
      Thanks for the warm welcome Tim. I'm really looking forward to using
      this scope for Milky Way wide fields, this if we don't get too many
      hurricanes down here <g>. As I said I'm very pleased with the
      optics, best I've had the pleasure of using - it's all about good
      stars - everything else takes care of itself :). This scope captures
      stars very, very well.

      Best,

      Jose

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Tube Tim" <potentate@...> wrote:

      > >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Suro" <jasuro@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All,
      >
      > Hi Jose,
      >

      > > My first post here as I just received a 105/650 CNC recently. I
      did

      > Welcome to the group and congratulations on acquiring the 105/650.
      >
      > > a first light last night on the Orion Sword and I'm happy to say
      I'm
      > > very pleased with the optics. It was a quickie first light as
      Orion
      > > is now only up over 30 degrees for a couple of hours after
      twilight.
      > > I used my little Borg flattener as the TMB flattener needs to be
      > > shortened because of the push-pull cell on this scope. Not much
      > > processing on this one as lately I go for a more natural look,
      > > including leaving the trapezium bright. The image can be seen
      here:

      > > http://jsuro.smugmug.com/gallery/1138689/1/58070192/Original
      >
      > Wow! Nice.
      >

      > > Thanks for looking and I'm really looking forward to this TMB
      scope.
      > > Great optics.
      >
      > Great optics for sure and this scope is in good hands.
      >
      > Please post more if you are so inclined.
      >

      > Tim
      >

      > > Best,
      > >
      > > Jose Suro
      > > Tierra Verde, Florida

    • Jose Suro
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2, 2006
        Thank you Terry! Great to see you here. I sold my FSQ a couple of
        months back but I still have my little soda straw Borg - a great
        little scope geared for photography. I hadn't been posting as I was
        waiting for the TMB and experimenting with very wide fields -
        constellation wide - with my STL11. I have an image of Taurus at
        50mm focal length that has 23 NEOS in it :). I'm considering having
        a wide field setup built around one of the new Schneider Digitar
        large format lenses but there are some back focus issues.

        Best,

        Jose

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Tuggle" <tlt284@...> wrote:

        > Jose,
        >
        > Wow, nice image! You are collecting quiet a few scopes by
        now. The
        > longer you have the new TMB, the more you will like it. Do you
        still have
        > the FSQ? I was showing someone on the SBIG group; the images you
        have taken
        > with that little Borg76/ STL 11k combo the other day. I haven't
        seen many
        > posts from you on that group from you lately.
        >
        > Welcome to this group, you will love it.
        >

        > Terry
        >

        > _____

        t=ms&k=Tmb&w1=Tmb&w2=Astronomy+software&w3=Ast
        > ronomy+magazine&c=3&s=57&.sig=ECRzDYUg029vbpzCfOx18A>
        >
        > Astronomy
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Astronomy+software&w1=Tmb&w2=Astronomy+

        software&w3=Astronomy+magazine&c=3&s=57&.sig=Pi3twtcxH1LmtHlKrhUj3w>
        > software
        >
        > Astronomy
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Astronomy+magazine&w1=Tmb&w2=Astronomy+

        software&w3=Astronomy+magazine&c=3&s=57&.sig=BwRKZk4y4Vl7WkPQI5mCSQ>
        > magazine
        >

        > _____
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        > * Visit your group "tmboptical
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tmboptical> " on the web.

        subject=Unsubscribe>

        > _____

      • Jose Suro
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 2, 2006
          Hi Karel! Great to see you here as well. Thanks for the very kind
          comments. I'm very happy with the optics but I still need to get the
          dedicated flattener resolved. The trapezium was not burned out in
          the RGBs but I have gone to a more "natural and accurate" look these
          days and I feel the Trap should be this bright in relationship to
          the rest of the nebula. The analogy would be a well lit soccer field
          with just a 100 watt bulb in the middle :).

          Thanks again,

          Jose

          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Teuwen Karel" <publik@...> wrote:

          > Hi Jose,
          >

          > First, welcome at this group and congrats with this beautiful
          first post !!
          > off course we already know your name from previous posts on other
          Yahoo
          > groups. I'm sure you will make many other fine picts with this
          scope in the
          > future, because these apo's perform very well for deep-sky
          photography !
          > Maybe one question; was the very center of M42 burned out or could
          you bring
          > more out of it (trapezium) ?
          >

          > Regards
          >
          > Karel Teuwen
          >

          > _____

        • Jose Suro
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 2, 2006
            Thanks Neil. I appreciate it. I used an STL11000.

            Best,

            Jose

            --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Neil Fleming" <neilfleming@...>
            wrote:

            > Impressive! What camera did you use?
            >
            > ...Neil
            >
            > >From: "Jose Suro" <jasuro@...>
            > >To: tmboptical@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [tmboptical] New Here and First Light
            > >Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 04:34:58 -0000
            > >
            > >Hi All,
            > >
            > >My first post here as I just received a 105/650 CNC recently. I
            did
            > >a first light last night on the Orion Sword and I'm happy to say
            I'm
            > >very pleased with the optics. It was a quickie first light as
            Orion
            > >is now only up over 30 degrees for a couple of hours after
            twilight.
            > >I used my little Borg flattener as the TMB flattener needs to be
            > >shortened because of the push-pull cell on this scope. Not much
            > >processing on this one as lately I go for a more natural look,
            > >including leaving the trapezium bright. The image can be seen
            here:

            > >http://jsuro.smugmug.com/gallery/1138689/1/58070192/Original
            > >
            > >Thanks for looking and I'm really looking forward to this TMB
            scope.
            > >Great optics.
            > >
            > >Best,
            > >
            > >Jose Suro
            > >Tierra Verde, Florida

          • Jose Suro
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 2, 2006
              Hola Donald :). This is my first light with this scope so the answer
              is no, I used a variety of other scopes. This is one of three
              websites that I use and I haven't had a chance to update my astro
              site, where I keep all the shot info.

              Best,

              Jose

              --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Rosenfield" <cardar@...>
              wrote:

              > Hola José,
              >
              > Did you take all the pix in your gallery with the 105/650? Your
              gallery entrants should say which telescope was used so we can
              compare the pix with others of the same or differing size.

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 2, 2006
                >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Suro" <jasuro@...> wrote:
                >
                > Thanks for the warm welcome Tim. I'm really looking forward to using
                > this scope for Milky Way wide fields, this if we don't get too many
                > hurricanes down here <g>.

                I sure hope the hurricane season is a lot quieter this year.

                Tim