More on Barnard's Loop

  • kentblackwell
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
      I don't think there's a TMB (or any other scope) out there that has a
      large enough field to show Barnard's Loop visually. Binoculars might do
      it. The best way to test a really great sky is to use a H-beta filter
      over each eye and look at it naked-eye! I've seen it twice in my ????
      years of visual observing. In a postcard correspondence to me years
      ago, Walter Scott Houston told me he saw it. Scotty also saw the
      California Nebula naked-eye using H-beta filters over his eyes. He was
      way older than any of us when he did so.

      We would all love to see Peter's image of Barnard's Loop when it's
      completed.

      Kent Blackwell
    • APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
        wait wait , how about a TMB 80/480 with my 160 mm Zeiss eyepiece with 8" fieldstop ?

        :-)

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
          Wow! Markus I've just got to have one of those $2K, 3-power
          telescopes!

          Kent Blackwell

          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes"