Re: CNC 4 inch focuser modification

  • mrgrytt
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 2, 2006
      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "dennis" <tracy_tracy@...> wrote:

      > Why would anyone want to deconstruct an already great focuser,
      > anyway???

      Dennis,
      I think in the most strict sense of the word it really isn't the
      "focuser" that is being modified, but rather the way in which it is
      connected to the rear tube flange.
      We want to be able to rotate it as precisely as we can focus with
      it. Although it is very good already, with the modification it can be
      made better than anything else on the market in the rotating function.

      Harvey
    • dennis
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 2, 2006
        Must have read it wrong at first, sorry...
        > Why would anyone want to deconstruct an already great focuser,
        > anyway???

        Dennis,
        I think in the most strict sense of the word it really isn't the
        "focuser" that is being modified, but rather the way in which it is
        connected to the rear tube flange.
        We want to be able to rotate it as precisely as we can focus with
        it. Although it is very good already, with the modification it can be
        made better than anything else on the market in the rotating function.

        Harvey

        Service.