William optics ZS 80 FD

  • Pedro Scorza
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi, just to comment on my new scope the WO anniversary edition, it is
      just a superbly finished instrument at a rock bottom price, but also
      curious about the objective, who made it? what means codesigned? It is
      one of the nicest small APO lenses around, and certainly doesnt look
      russian made, can it be from japan?

      Pedro.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Pedro Scorza" <psv1726@...
        > wrote:

        Hi Pedro,

        > Hi, just to comment on my new scope the WO anniversary edition, it
        > is just a superbly finished instrument at a rock bottom price,
        > but also

        Yes, it's a nice telescope.

        > curious about the objective, who made it? what means codesigned?
        > It is

        Co-designed means more than an endoresement. TMB was involved in the
        design of the objective.

        > one of the nicest small APO lenses around, and certainly doesnt look
        > russian made, can it be from japan?

        I'm not sure but would guess it's from the Pacific Rim.

        Enjoy!

        Tim