Re: TMB News and Happy New Year!

  • tmboptical
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2006
      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Tube Tim" <potentate@s...> wrote:

      > >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tmboptical" <TMBoptical@a...
      > > wrote:
      >
      > Happy New Year Tom, (and all)
      >
      > Sorry to hear about your continued neck problem, man this is to bad.
      >
      > The new 40mm sounds like a real winner, congratulations.
      >
      > ___
      > Tim

      Hi Tim,

      Yeah, it is a real bummer. But I feel a lot better today. Thanks
      for the congratulations on the new eyepiece line. Through your
      TMB 9" f/9, I think the 40mm would be awesome.

      Thomas Back
    • tmboptical
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2006
        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "dennis" <tracy_tracy@a...> wrote:

        > Tom: How does it compare with the PentaxXL 40mm?

        While the Pentax 40mm XL is an excellent eyepiece, there
        is a large gain in off-axis sharpness in the TMB 40mm
        SWA Paragon eyepiece. Also, the eye placement is better,
        and there is the best brightness and contrast I've seen
        in any 40mm wide angle eyepiece, in the Paragon.

        Regards,

        Thomas Back
      • mantrogo
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 5, 2006
          Hiya

          Lousy news on the disc - my sympathies, not at all nice - but great
          news on the Paragon! Any more details on the focal lengths for
          these eyepieces / pricing / where you're selling through etc? Oh,
          and how flat is the field?

          On another note, got a brace of the 25mm aspherics from Markus just
          before Xmas (pressie to myself). Wonderful eyepieces - the clarity
          and brightness is extraordinary. Put one into my dad's scope (he's
          a twitcher) - he was absolutely gobsmacked and started looking
          rather ruefully at his own (zoom) eyepiece. Me thinks he's a
          convert!

          Happy New Year to you and congratulations again on the eps

          Regards

          Sam
        • tmboptical
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2006
            --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "mantrogo" <sperry@p...> wrote:

            > Hiya
            >
            > Lousy news on the disc - my sympathies, not at all nice - but great
            > news on the Paragon! Any more details on the focal lengths for
            > these eyepieces / pricing / where you're selling through etc? Oh,
            > and how flat is the field?
            >
            > On another note, got a brace of the 25mm aspherics from Markus just
            > before Xmas (pressie to myself). Wonderful eyepieces - the clarity
            > and brightness is extraordinary. Put one into my dad's scope (he's
            > a twitcher) - he was absolutely gobsmacked and started looking
            > rather ruefully at his own (zoom) eyepiece. Me thinks he's a
            > convert!
            >
            > Happy New Year to you and congratulations again on the eps
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Sam

            Hi Sam,

            Thanks so much for all your well wishes for me, that is very
            nice of you.

            About the new Paragon eyepieces, they will start with the 40mm,
            at $249.00, and then there will be a set of 35mm, 30mm, 24mm,
            20mm, and 15mm. And maybe more FL's, we will see. The price on
            the 2" models will all be $249.00, but the 1.25" models will be
            less, the cost is not yet determined.

            Burgess Optical will be the main place to buy them, but Astronomics,
            High Point Scientific and other dealers will sell them, the other
            dealers will be in other countries, like APM in Germany. I will
            take orders for them, but they will be drop shipped, after complete
            QC, by Burgess Optical. But I will test hundreds before I will put
            my name on them, and might, from time to time, have a small
            inventory.

            Yes, the 25mm aspherical eyepiece is amazing.

            Best Regards,

            Thomas Back
          • jturner44uk
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 5, 2006
              Dear Tom,

              As one of the overseas "faithful" (UK) you already have my order :)
              Can you remind me what focal lengths will be 1.25" and 2". I would
              like to binoview with your 1.25" - any chance of testing them with a
              denk 2 or similar to check the minimum inter-ocular distance? There
              are twice as many sales for you ;))

              I have been very happy with my collection of monos and my 105 CNC,
              thank you, and get well soon - the industry can ill afford for you to
              be off for long :))

              Regards

              Justin