Re: TMB 80/600

  • kentblackwell
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 1, 2006
      Thanks for the information. Pricy, but B+W makes the very best in
      filters.

      Kent

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 2, 2006
        Yes indeed!
        Thanks very much! Ordered.

        Jim Phillips

        > Here's what I use. BTW, nice Christmas present! Someone must
        really
        > like you.
        >
        > TeleVue 85/Pronto field flatterner from Camera Concepts in NY $270
        > Orion #5224 T-ring, Canon EOS $16.95
        > Orion #5269 Prime focus Camera Adaptor 2" $28.95
        >
        > Incidentally, I first purchased a T-ring for the EOS from B&H
        Photo,

        <thefamily90@h...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Wow Kent, an absolutely Gorgeous image! I received a Canon 20Da
        for
        > > Christmas and am just learning how to use it. Please let me
        know
        > how
        > > you attached the camera to your TMB 80/600 and which Televue
        Field
        > > flattener you used. I would Love to be able to image a wide
        field
        > like
        > > yours. Comet?? Please e-mail privately if you prefer. Thanks!
        > >
        > > Jim Phillips
        > >

        > > > Here's a rather pretty picture I took with my recently
        acquired
        > TMB
        > > > 80/600 scope using a TeleVue field flattener. I shot it with
        > Canon's
        > > > new dynamite EOS 20Da. Wow, what a great camera, and what a
        great
        > > > little telescope! The picture is not processed or stacked;
        it's
        > > > straight out of the camera. Let's here it for Canon to be so
        bold
        > as
        > > > offer up such a great device for the very limited amateur
        > astronomer
        > > > market.
        > > >
        > > > http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/skent/M42with20Da.jpg
        > > >
        > > > Kent Blackwell

      • jimhp29401us
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 2, 2006
          On Optec's website there is a comparison between the Canon 20D and
          20Da for daylight imaging. Basically if look VERY carefully you can
          see minimal difference. Their conclusion is that if you are doing
          Critical daytime imaging with the 20Da you Might consider a filter.

          Jim Phillips

          > Kent,
          >
          > There is a 82 and 86mm UV/IR filter at Adorama, there may be
          more sizes
          > over 80 also.
          >
          > http://www.adorama.com/BW86UVIRW.html
          >
          > Terry
          >

          > _____

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          > _____

        • jimhp29401us
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 2, 2006
            Hi Terry,
            My Canon lens uses a 77mm filter.

            Jim Phillips

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 2, 2006
              Jim,

              They have all sizes at Adorama. I was mentioning these sizes because of
              his reference for the TMB 80.

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 2, 2006
                >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "jimhp29401us" <thefamily90@h...
                > wrote:
                >
                > On Optec's website there is a comparison between the Canon 20D and
                > 20Da for daylight imaging. Basically if look VERY carefully you can
                > see minimal difference. Their conclusion is that if you are doing
                > Critical daytime imaging with the 20Da you Might consider a filter.

                I went to the Canon website:

                http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/eos20da/index.html

                and pulled down their day time images. With PhotoShop, an auto color
                correction for the 20DA and it looked fine to me. Before correction
                it was a bit reddish.

                Tim