Mars with TMB 254 f/9

  • Scott Tucker
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2005
      Good evening everyone,

      Looking for some feedback and comments on this image of Mars taken
      through Rick Auerbach's 10" f/9 TMB. Seeing was less than ideal, but
      we're hoping for some constructive criticism (or harsh vilification,
      whatever you're in the mood for) so as to improve the odds when the
      inevitible sub-arcsecond seeing arrives later this week (oh please
      please please). Any tricks or secrets you've discovered that work
      well for using a ToUcam, Registax, PS, etc. are welcomed. Details are
      with the image.

      http://www.darkskyimages.com/Mars_103005_3.jpg

      Thanks in advance!

      Scott Tucker
      Tucson, AZ
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
        >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Tucker" <tucker@d...
        > wrote:
        >
        > Good evening everyone,
        >
        > Looking for some feedback and comments on this image of Mars taken
        > through Rick Auerbach's 10" f/9 TMB. Seeing was less than ideal,
        > but

        It looks terrific to me, I wouldn't change anything. Congrats to you
        and Rick for this great image.

        ___
        Tim

        > we're hoping for some constructive criticism (or harsh vilification,
        > whatever you're in the mood for) so as to improve the odds when the
        > inevitible sub-arcsecond seeing arrives later this week (oh please
        > please please). Any tricks or secrets you've discovered that work
        > well for using a ToUcam, Registax, PS, etc. are welcomed. Details are
        > with the image.
        >
        > http://www.darkskyimages.com/Mars_103005_3.jpg
        >
        > Thanks in advance!
        >
        > Scott Tucker
        > Tucson, AZ

      • Scott Tucker
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
          Tim,

          Thanks for the compliments. We'll hope for better seeing when we
          try again tonight. That should make bringing out the detail easier
          and require less PS finessing. Thanks again!

          Scott

          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Tube Tim" <potentate@s...> wrote:

          > >--- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Tucker" <tucker@d...
          > > wrote:
          > >
          > > Good evening everyone,
          > >
          > > Looking for some feedback and comments on this image of Mars
          taken
          > > through Rick Auerbach's 10" f/9 TMB. Seeing was less than ideal,
          > > but
          >
          > It looks terrific to me, I wouldn't change anything. Congrats to
          you
          > and Rick for this great image.
          >
          > ___
          > Tim
          >

          > > we're hoping for some constructive criticism (or harsh
          vilification,
          > > whatever you're in the mood for) so as to improve the odds when
          the
          > > inevitible sub-arcsecond seeing arrives later this week (oh
          please
          > > please please). Any tricks or secrets you've discovered that
          work
          > > well for using a ToUcam, Registax, PS, etc. are welcomed.
          Details are
          > > with the image.
          > >
          > > http://www.darkskyimages.com/Mars_103005_3.jpg
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance!
          > >
          > > Scott Tucker
          > > Tucson, AZ

        • jimhp29401us
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2005
            Hello Scott,
            That is an excellent image with Very nice detail and color. My only
            suggestion would be to increase the focal length.

            Jim Phillips