RE: [tmboptical] Re: M45 posted to file section

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
      Tim,

      Yep, it is difficult to keep up with all the e-mails from SBIG, and I
      will be trailing off a little since I am gearing up to start imaging myself.
      I had to rebuild the mount a couple of nights ago. It was dragging in a
      certain position while doing a meridian flip. I end up adjusting all the
      worm gears, and finally found the source of the problem. On the Dec axis,
      the castings that cover the gears were dragging. I took both pieces to the
      belt sander and made then about 1/16 thinner, and it solved the problem.

      Now I have nice tight backlash, after all of the adjustments, so I guess
      I will have to re-train the PEC again. First light should be soon though. I
      am going on a small trip for a couple of days of observing at a dark sight
      with my 12 inch LX200. After I come back, I will get back out to the
      refractors and camera.