Re: Quick favour from someone with a TMB 100 f8

  • ryderc1
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
      Tom-

      Our measurements are consistent since circumference is equal to Pi
      times diameter (3.14 X 4.75diameter = 14.9). This also may imply that
      the lens cell design and size didn't change during the production
      period of the TMB 100/800 CNC's so Mike can be confident that his cell
      measures the same as ours.

      Charlie

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tomdemary" <t.demary@e...> wrote:
      > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "aniky007" <aniky007@y...> wrote:
      > > I need someone with a TMB 100 F8 (CNC tube ) to measure the
      outside
      > diameter of the
      > > objective end, basically where you would wrap a heating band around
      > with the dew shield
      > > retracted obviously. I'm away from my scopes and need that
      > measurement.
      > >

      > I measure the circumference of the lens cell as 14.75 inches.
      >
      > Tom DeMary
    • aniky007
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
        Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

        Cheers
        Mike

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "ryderc1" <ryderc1@a...> wrote:
        > Tom-
        >
        > Our measurements are consistent since circumference is equal to Pi
        > times diameter (3.14 X 4.75diameter = 14.9). This also may imply that
        > the lens cell design and size didn't change during the production
        > period of the TMB 100/800 CNC's so Mike can be confident that his cell
        > measures the same as ours.
        >
        > Charlie
        >
        > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tomdemary" <t.demary@e...> wrote:
        > > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "aniky007" <aniky007@y...> wrote:
        > > > I need someone with a TMB 100 F8 (CNC tube ) to measure the
        > outside
        > > diameter of the
        > > > objective end, basically where you would wrap a heating band around
        > > with the dew shield
        > > > retracted obviously. I'm away from my scopes and need that
        > > measurement.
        > > >

        > > I measure the circumference of the lens cell as 14.75 inches.
        > >
        > > Tom DeMary
      • Elliott Brooks
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 25, 2005
          Hi folks, I know it's a bit late, but I'd like to reopen this topic if
          I can. I'm also interested in the diameter of the OTA. You say it is
          4.75 inches. That is about 120mm. But I see on the APM web site that
          it is 136mm. That's quite a discrepancy. Can anyone clear this up? I
          really need to know.

          Again, to be absolutely sure, what is the real outside diameter of the
          OTA?

          many thanks,
          Elliott