Re: Quick favour from someone with a TMB 100 f8

  • aniky007
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
      Now that I've plugged my brain in what I meant was the circumference of the OTA, not
      diameter. Sorry for the confusion.

      Cheers
      Mike

      --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "aniky007" <aniky007@y...> wrote:
      > I need someone with a TMB 100 F8 (CNC tube ) to measure the outside diameter of the
      > objective end, basically where you would wrap a heating band around with the dew shield
      > retracted obviously. I'm away from my scopes and need that measurement.
      >
      > Many thanks
      > Mike
    • ryderc1
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
        Tom-

        Our measurements are consistent since circumference is equal to Pi
        times diameter (3.14 X 4.75diameter = 14.9). This also may imply that
        the lens cell design and size didn't change during the production
        period of the TMB 100/800 CNC's so Mike can be confident that his cell
        measures the same as ours.

        Charlie

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tomdemary" <t.demary@e...> wrote:
        > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "aniky007" <aniky007@y...> wrote:
        > > I need someone with a TMB 100 F8 (CNC tube ) to measure the
        outside
        > diameter of the
        > > objective end, basically where you would wrap a heating band around
        > with the dew shield
        > > retracted obviously. I'm away from my scopes and need that
        > measurement.
        > >

        > I measure the circumference of the lens cell as 14.75 inches.
        >
        > Tom DeMary
      • aniky007
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
          Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

          Cheers
          Mike

          --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "ryderc1" <ryderc1@a...> wrote:
          > Tom-
          >
          > Our measurements are consistent since circumference is equal to Pi
          > times diameter (3.14 X 4.75diameter = 14.9). This also may imply that
          > the lens cell design and size didn't change during the production
          > period of the TMB 100/800 CNC's so Mike can be confident that his cell
          > measures the same as ours.
          >
          > Charlie
          >
          > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "tomdemary" <t.demary@e...> wrote:
          > > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "aniky007" <aniky007@y...> wrote:
          > > > I need someone with a TMB 100 F8 (CNC tube ) to measure the
          > outside
          > > diameter of the
          > > > objective end, basically where you would wrap a heating band around
          > > with the dew shield
          > > > retracted obviously. I'm away from my scopes and need that
          > > measurement.
          > > >

          > > I measure the circumference of the lens cell as 14.75 inches.
          > >
          > > Tom DeMary
        • Elliott Brooks
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 25, 2005
            Hi folks, I know it's a bit late, but I'd like to reopen this topic if
            I can. I'm also interested in the diameter of the OTA. You say it is
            4.75 inches. That is about 120mm. But I see on the APM web site that
            it is 136mm. That's quite a discrepancy. Can anyone clear this up? I
            really need to know.

            Again, to be absolutely sure, what is the real outside diameter of the
            OTA?

            many thanks,
            Elliott