Re: [tmboptical] Re: TMB/Zeiss 25 mm aspheric Ortho Info

  • Donald Rosenfield
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2005
      Okay Thomas, Markus has answered to my satisfaction. Please get me one 25mm Zeiss aspheric orthoscopic ocular from Markus with the same size field stop as my Zeiss/TMB so they will work together in my binoviewer.

      Thank you,

      Donald A. Rosenfield

      Hi Tom

      the 25 mm from Zeiss have the original housing, but we make a new 1.25" barrle with the same fieldstop size as the TMB Version. If a customer has the real TMB Version and like to order such Zeiss version to match for binoviewer, he shall tell us and we adjust the lenght here, since its not a problem for me to make the barrel longer or shorter for same money

      Markus

      Hi Donald,

      First, I have been working hard to get ready for the BFSP, and if
      I missed any posts, e-mails, I won't be able to read them until
      Tuesday.

      Now, on to your question. Markus is right when we says that
      everything is identical to the TMB/Zeiss, except the eyepiece
      housing, in the 25mm 3-element aspherical eyepiece. The only
      difference is that the glass is in a plain housing, no shiny
      black anodize, or chrome. The field stop should be smaller too,
      but I'm not sure, I can only go on the ones that I bought many
      years ago.

      Will they work in a binoviewer? Two issues here, you most likely
      will have to adjust the eyepiece height on one of the eyepieces,
      and the field stop diameters could be 48 degrees vs. 56 degrees.
      Markus could give the answer to that. If that is so, I would
      not recommend it for binoviewing, if the field stops are not
      the same size.

      But the views are second to none, of all the 25mm eyepieces
      I have ever used. It will work in the latest Burgess, and most
      all binoviewers in all other regards.

      Thomas Back

      Astronomy gift Astronomy magazine Astronomy telescope
      Astronomy star name Astronomy book Astronomy camera ccd

      Astronomy star name Astronomy book Astronomy camera ccd

    • huskercr
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 3, 2005
        FWIW, I have the APM/Zeiss 25 mm aspehirc orthos and it is my
        favorite eyepiece. The quality is superb.

        Clark

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Pedro Santos" <pbs@n...> wrote:

        > Same as me. Also have a pair of those with diopeter adjustement.
        Excellent