new : M33 in Lum(R+Ha)GB

  • Teuwen Karel
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 30, 2005
      Hi Guys,

      From last night I could add 5 hours of H-Alpa (13nm) to my older photo of
      M33 from my trip to France recently. Everything was done with my TMB152
      mounted on GM200QCI and STL11k. The first night everything went wrong (law
      of Murphy ?); I had some troubles with the filter wheel and had also
      problems with moisture on the protection glass in the camera. but at the end
      I can't complain, I think. I also added a little more saturation to the
      older version.

      OK, here it is : <http://tinyurl.com/bvvyg> http://tinyurl.com/bvvyg
      (sorry for the large file)

      Thanks for looking and I would love to hear your thoughts or opinions about
      the picture.

      Regards

      Karel Teuwen

    • Paulo BĂ©nard Guedes
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 30, 2005
        Hi Teuwen:

        That is an absolutly stunning image! and also quite heavy :)

        Cheers
        Paulo

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Teuwen Karel" <publik@p...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Guys,
        >

        > From last night I could add 5 hours of H-Alpa (13nm) to my older
        photo of
        > M33 from my trip to France recently. Everything was done with my
        TMB152
        > mounted on GM200QCI and STL11k. The first night everything went
        wrong (law
        > of Murphy ?); I had some troubles with the filter wheel and had
        also
        > problems with moisture on the protection glass in the camera. but
        at the end
        > I can't complain, I think. I also added a little more saturation
        to the
        > older version.
        >

        > OK, here it is : <http://tinyurl.com/bvvyg>
        http://tinyurl.com/bvvyg
        > (sorry for the large file)
        >

        > Thanks for looking and I would love to hear your thoughts or
        opinions about
        > the picture.
        >

        > Regards
        >
        > Karel Teuwen

      • Terry L Tuggle
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 30, 2005
          Karel,

          This image is absolutely beautiful! The Ha really brings out all of the
          HII regions, what a monster nebula in the upper left side. This is clearly a
          masterpiece.

          Excellent Work,

          M33 from my trip to France recently. Everything was done with my TMB152
          mounted on GM200QCI and STL11k. The first night everything went wrong (law
          of Murphy ?); I had some troubles with the filter wheel and had also
          problems with moisture on the protection glass in the camera. but at the end
          I can't complain, I think. I also added a little more saturation to the
          older version.

          OK, here it is : <http://tinyurl.com/bvvyg> http://tinyurl.com/bvvyg
          (sorry for the large file)

          Thanks for looking and I would love to hear your thoughts or opinions about
          the picture.

          Regards

          Karel Teuwen

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "tmboptical
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tmboptical> " on the web.

        • Robert Anderson
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 30, 2005
            Hi Teuwen

            I pulled your little masterpiece into PS CS for some playing with and
            found the background to be extremely flat, excellent balance on your
            colors via the histrogram and even when playing with the levels, (mid-
            range), would not, could not, improve your work or critique at all.

            Besides the sharpening artifacts around the larger, full well stars,
            (more likely due to the effects one gets from the Ha contribution
            than from processing), everything was spot on.

            I am afraid that your work is simply delightful to look at and enjoy.

            Did you do a LLRG on this image and if so, was the Ha added to the
            Lum and the Red equally?

            A most excellent image indeed.

            Cheers

            Bob

            --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "Teuwen Karel" <publik@p...> wrote:
            > Hi Guys,
            >

            > From last night I could add 5 hours of H-Alpa (13nm) to my older
            photo of
            > M33 from my trip to France recently. Everything was done with my
            TMB152
            > mounted on GM200QCI and STL11k. The first night everything went
            wrong (law
            > of Murphy ?); I had some troubles with the filter wheel and had also
            > problems with moisture on the protection glass in the camera. but
            at the end
            > I can't complain, I think. I also added a little more saturation to
            the
            > older version.
            >

            > OK, here it is : <http://tinyurl.com/bvvyg>
            http://tinyurl.com/bvvyg
            > (sorry for the large file)
            >

            > Thanks for looking and I would love to hear your thoughts or
            opinions about
            > the picture.
            >

            > Regards
            >
            > Karel Teuwen

          • Michael Downing
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 31, 2005
              Very nice work Karel, you did a great job with it.

              I was playing with it a bit in Photoshop and there is a great amount of data
              in the core that could be brought out with more processing time :-)

              Michael Downing
              www.astroden.com <http://www.astroden.com/>

              _____

              M33 from my trip to France recently. Everything was done with my TMB152
              mounted on GM200QCI and STL11k. The first night everything went wrong (law
              of Murphy ?); I had some troubles with the filter wheel and had also
              problems with moisture on the protection glass in the camera. but at the end
              I can't complain, I think. I also added a little more saturation to the
              older version.

              OK, here it is : <http://tinyurl.com/bvvyg> http://tinyurl.com/bvvyg
              (sorry for the large file)

              Thanks for looking and I would love to hear your thoughts or opinions about
              the picture.

              Regards

              Karel Teuwen

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "tmboptical
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tmboptical> " on the web.

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            • Teuwen Karel
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 31, 2005
                Thanks Michael.

                I know what you mean and maybe you are right about the core, I will try it
                out.

                Regards

                Karel

                _____

                M33 from my trip to France recently. Everything was done with my TMB152
                mounted on GM200QCI and STL11k. The first night everything went wrong (law
                of Murphy ?); I had some troubles with the filter wheel and had also
                problems with moisture on the protection glass in the camera. but at the end
                I can't complain, I think. I also added a little more saturation to the
                older version.

                OK, here it is : <http://tinyurl.com/bvvyg> http://tinyurl.com/bvvyg
                (sorry for the large file)

                Thanks for looking and I would love to hear your thoughts or opinions about
                the picture.

                Regards

                Karel Teuwen

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                * Visit your group "tmboptical
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tmboptical> " on the web.

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                Astronomy
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Astronomy+gift&w1=Astronomy+gift&w2=Ast
                ronomy+magazine&w3=Astronomy+telescope&w4=Astronomy+star+name&w5=Astronomy+b
                ook&w6=Astronomy+camera+ccd&c=6&s=140&.sig=shR7ecJNO_OUpXo0SIJ3ow> gift

                Astronomy
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Astronomy+magazine&w1=Astronomy+gift&w2
                =Astronomy+magazine&w3=Astronomy+telescope&w4=Astronomy+star+name&w5=Astrono
                my+book&w6=Astronomy+camera+ccd&c=6&s=140&.sig=LWd9kUtLUxqtisQ6sbo9_A>
                magazine

                Astronomy
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Astronomy+telescope&w1=Astronomy+gift&w
                2=Astronomy+magazine&w3=Astronomy+telescope&w4=Astronomy+star+name&w5=Astron
                omy+book&w6=Astronomy+camera+ccd&c=6&s=140&.sig=qqf1yCLIoBD0s_6x-MeQMg>
                telescope

                Astronomy
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Astronomy+star+name&w1=Astronomy+gift&w
                2=Astronomy+magazine&w3=Astronomy+telescope&w4=Astronomy+star+name&w5=Astron
                omy+book&w6=Astronomy+camera+ccd&c=6&s=140&.sig=8N6t9A_XLmc5FDk8e7u2wQ>
                star name

                Astronomy
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Astronomy+book&w1=Astronomy+gift&w2=Ast
                ronomy+magazine&w3=Astronomy+telescope&w4=Astronomy+star+name&w5=Astronomy+b
                ook&w6=Astronomy+camera+ccd&c=6&s=140&.sig=2pdcHyj2n-Zy3ayZRqlPMw> book

                Astronomy
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Astronomy+camera+ccd&w1=Astronomy+gift&
                w2=Astronomy+magazine&w3=Astronomy+telescope&w4=Astronomy+star+name&w5=Astro
                nomy+book&w6=Astronomy+camera+ccd&c=6&s=140&.sig=MzDD479SO8jbQHBXFsvxyw>
                camera ccd

                _____