Re: [tmboptical] Re: TMB 12"F/12 arrives

  • APM-Telescopes Markus Ludes
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 3, 2005
      my started a business selling girl handcases, she must find anyway girls to shoot some images, they must look pretty, so I can ask them if they are willing to stay modell for our scopes too :-)

      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 3, 2005
        Dodi,

        if we want to do the best images, you better bring your studio, yes :-)

        Well, it seems I will need to come down with my complete studio or
        what :)?

        Dodi

        --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "jimhp29401us" <thefamily90@h...>
        wrote:
        > Hello Markus,
        > Now, this is beginning to sound interesting :^)
        >
        > Jim Phillips
        >

        > > If many coming, I can arrange girls and we can shoot together
        images
        > > for a nice calender. French is only 5 minutes away and I heard they
        > > have some nice girls over there :-)
        > >
        > > any my offer is still valid
        > > Markus

      • Donald Rosenfield
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 3, 2005
          Balancing a 10" OTA is also a problem
          that would have to be solved. I keep dreaming and thinking it should
          be possible. But, not likely in time for Mars...this time around.

          Jim Phillips
        • jimhp29401us
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 3, 2005
            Hmmm... 80,000 years? I didn't think it was going to be quite that
            long. Oh well, there's always my favorite, the Moon!

            Jim Phillips

            > Balancing a 10" OTA is also a problem
            > that would have to be solved. I keep dreaming and thinking it should
            > be possible. But, not likely in time for Mars...this time around.
            >
            > Jim Phillips
          • Norman L. Rubenstein
            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 3, 2005
              Dear Jim:

              WEEEL, actually more like another 15 years, until 2018, but what¹s 79,985
              years among friends? ;-)

              Actually Donald is referring to the 2003 opposition, where Mars hit over 25
              arcseconds. This opposition, at just over 20 arcseconds, as I mentioned
              above, we only have to wait until 2018 to be repeated. The ones between now
              and then will be a bit smaller, but some, like the next one around January,
              2008w ill be even better (higher) placed for most North American observers.

              Norm

              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 3, 2005
                Hi Norm

                where you have been? I missed you , I mean that honestly

                :-)

                bye bye my friend

                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 3, 2005
                  Hi Markus,
                  Yes, I think one day you may be getting an order from me for a
                  straight through 10" OTA, custom built of course! But, I have to
                  say, I have NOT in any way been disappointed with the folded design.
                  In many ways it is a lot easier to use and handle than a straight
                  through would be. And the views have been superb! I would really
                  like to get a look through your 12" one day.

                  Jim Phillips

                  > Jim
                  >
                  > we have in germany a company doing such Pier tech stuff, they have
                  one holding that weight.

                  > balansing a large tube can be made the simple way with magentic
                  weights, or the expensive way by electronical move of weights on a
                  special gear like rail with handcontroller :-)

                  Pier-