Re: repost of my 203mmf/9obs.

  • huskercr
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hi Dodi,

      Over 1000 x ... it would be very nice to see that. I actually just
      meant that David was lucky to have seeing supporting 540x in the
      first few nights after receiving his new scope. As you said, "The
      emphasis is of course on good seeing".

      Will you be kind enough to give an imaging tutorial at Markus' star
      party? I would welcome the chance to learn from you, and I'm sure
      that others would also. Unfortunately we are expecting a child in
      early October so the chances of my making it to Germany in late
      October are not good, but if the baby come early who knows?

      Clark

      <doublestargeezer@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > I uploaded my file of early observations with my new 203mm f/9
      > > achromat.
      > > > The title is 'secondlight..' (can't remember exactly).
      > > > Sorry about trying it as an attachment. I was ignorant of the
      > > procedure.
      > > > David in Castleton, Ontario.
    • jimhp29401us
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2005
        It does speak to the quality of the seeing and the optics as well.
        So it does depend on how exceptional good seeing is and it does
        speak to the quality of the optics also.

        Jim Phillips

        > That's not so exceptional. I have used a few times over 1000x with
        my
        > C9.25 on double stars with good seeing. The emphasis is of course
        on
        > good seeing...
        >
        > Dodi
        >

        > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "huskercr" <huskercr@i...>
        wrote:
        > > Thanks for posting David! I was impressed that you were using
        over
        > > 300x and even over 500x in your double star splitting
        observations -

        > > the transparency must have been superb. Very fortunate to have
        > such
        > > great seeing so quickly after receiving your new scope. Keep us
        > > posted!
        > >
        > > Clark
        > >

        > > --- In tmboptical@yahoogroups.com, "David"
        <doublestargeezer@y...>
        > > wrote:
        > > > I uploaded my file of early observations with my new 203mm f/9
        > > achromat.
        > > > The title is 'secondlight..' (can't remember exactly).
        > > > Sorry about trying it as an attachment. I was ignorant of
        the
        > > procedure.
        > > > David in Castleton, Ontario.
      • digidodi
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2005
          Hi Clark,

          Don't know if there will be time for it, but if there is, why not.

          If you want to see an image made on a night of 1000+ magnification
          with my C9.25, you can check the Zeta Bootes double on my website.

          Cheers