M57 image

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2005
      Before you can run, you have to crawl....

      Here's M57 I took this weekend with a TMB-229, SBIG ST402-ME, Parallax
      HD250C. Not even in the same county let alone ball park as what the
      two Micheals and others have been posting.

      This is a 'track and accumulate' that sbig s/w supports of 10 images
      each 1 minute long. The thing I am happy about is the mount could
      track unguided at 1 minute even with resolution of 0.90 arc-seconds /
      pixel. Last time I tried, the PE was obvious but this time I had it
      trained properly.

      I did some weird stuff in PS. I noticed the sampling had like 16
      pixels / star so I digitally zoomed it by 8x in PS, messed with the
      sharpening a bit and then downsized about 4x for a net gain of 4x
      digital zoom. I cropped to the center. It seemed like the zoom game
      worked.

      Submitted for your amusement,

      Tim

      PS: The Mars pic was good Mike.