RE: [tmboptical] Re: Tim -- re. Comet Temple image (snapshot)

  • Terry L Tuggle
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1 2:16 AM
      Donald,

      It is Mag10.5 and steady, here is a link:

      http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/%7Ejds/

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1 1:03 PM
        Thanks, Terry. --Donald

        Donald,

        It is Mag10.5 and steady, here is a link:

        http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/%7Ejds/

      • Wayne G
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1 5:25 PM
          Mike, I think you were meaning to speak to Tim, not me, but however, comet
          Tempel 1 in Virgo is currently at magnitude 9.67 with a compact nucleus.

          Wayne

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1 5:36 PM
            Mag 9.7, Donald.

            I would maybe consider taking the RRFT as long as it can go high enough to
            get a decent view of the nucleus. If this plume works out like hoped, it
            might be too large to get all comfortably within the largest FOV of the Q,
            but should be no problem with the RRFT.

            Wayne