Re: [tmboptical] First Light question

  • gp100doc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      I would think that starting with the planets would be my suggestion. When I
      am showing stuff to nonastronomy type folks, they always seem to generate the
      most WOW factor.

      Just my .o2

      Doc
    • K. Bishop
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        > When you got that new telescope (or when you do) what subject did you
        > choose for First Light ... and why?

        Two days after I received my TMB100 I was blessed with a very clear calm
        night. My in-laws had just come over so I kept things basic (and rewarding
        for them):

        1st - Jupiter (my mother-in-law was the first to detect a moon coming out
        from behind the planet)

        2nd - Saturn (those rings are always a big hit)

        3rd - M42 and the Trapezium (sadly, that was two abstract for them)

        Star testing waited for another night.

        Enjoy!

        Kevin